EHS Compliance Technician I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
EHS Compliance Technician I
To assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental, health and safety related compliance programs, with a primary focus on recordkeeping and reporting for environmental programs including, but not limited to, waste management, wastewater management, air management, community right-to-know, training, emergency and spill response, and sustainability.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct environmental inspections and assist Ball Aerospace operations personnel in correcting deficiencies.
- Assist the Environmental Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining environmental related programs including, but not limited to, the waste management, wastewater management, air management, community right-to-know, training, emergency and spill response, emergency management and preparedness, contractor safety, chemical approvals, hazardous waste purchasing addendums, and sustainability.
- Assist in conducting environmental monitoring including, wastewater sampling, stormwater monitoring and air sampling, as needed.
- Assist in gathering EHS environmental related statistical data, including SARA Tier II, TRI, and air emissions data, as required.
- Assist in conducting EHS environmental related training programs.
- Complete Purchase Requisitions and assist in developing scope-of-work requirements for various outside services and suppliers (submit for management review/authorization).
- Assist in the preparation of compliance reporting for federal, state and local air permit compliance.
- Conduct periodic documented inspections of hazardous waste and petroleum storage areas and containers.
- Maintain operating records as required by Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Communicate information between Ball Aerospace customers and the Environmental Health & Safety Department.
- May support health and safety program tasks and support.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple job assignments.
- Willingness to work at multiple locations (located in Broomfield, Lafayette, Boulder and Westminster).
- Strong demonstrated administrative and multiple task management skills preferred.
- Reliable transportation.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, production floor, or outdoors.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and limited travel, out of state, may be required (< 5%).
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.