Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
You’ll utilize your education expertise and your passion for lifelong learning to write, review and deliver educational content for our accountants, bookkeepers and small business customers. You’ll be delivering world class education to increase our customer’s understanding of Xero’s functionality and platform capabilities, so that they save time and drive efficiency within their business. Being guided by our purpose to educate our Xero community on the skills to achieve business success, your contributions will make our customers feel supported and empowered while seeing the value in using Xero and becoming advocates of the product; driving engagement, satisfaction and revenue growth.
What you'll do
- Design, write and deliver educational content for both prospective and existing customers, being advisors or small businesses.
- Deliver content in a range of formats: webinars, in-person or virtual workshop/classroom style events, conferences, 1-on-1 consultations, videos, infographics & guides, blogs and workbooks.
- Presenting at large scale industry events (e.g Xerocon, Xero Roadshows)
- Review, provide feedback on and regionalize educational content created by the global education team
- Create online education assets, using video and e-learning software such as Camtasia, Evolve, Google slides, and Keynote.
- Keep up to date with product enhancements, beta test and trial new functionality.
- Build effective relationships with Education Specialists in other regions to ensure knowledge, content and ideas are shared, duplication is avoided and assets are leveraged.
- Support GTM and marketing campaigns with relevant, practical education.
- Assist with community initiatives amongst the accountant/bookkeeper and SMB communities.
- Use feedback from surveys to refine content after initial release
- Collaborate with the education team to scope, ideate and brainstorm
- Project manage educational initiatives
- Work with sales/marketing teams to plan content calendars
- Plan always-on webinar schedule with other team members.
Success looks like
- Maintain a world-class Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) for Xero Education
- Achieve specified targets for course registration and attendance
- Receive excellent course feedback on relevance, usefulness and presentation style, while using survey insights to deliver improvements
- Ensure the webinar schedule maximizes registrants and attendee numbers (not too frequent, not too infrequent)
- Suggest ways to improve webinar engagement
- Support the delivery of regional and global strategic priorities
What you'll bring with you
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience in an accounting/ bookkeeping environment a bonus
- 2+ years producing and delivering webinars/eLearning/teaching
- Instructional design and training delivery experience would be advantageous
- Proven examples of group teaching/coaching
- Experience in program/project management
- Computer and software literacy, especially in cloud based applications
- In-depth Xero Knowledge
- Accounting or bookkeeping qualifications or expertise a bonus
- Confident speaker - outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- A team player with a sense of humor and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Appreciation for and exposure to sales teams and targets
- Ability to excite, influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- A change and growth mindset
- Organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Customer centricity and a passion and desire to make a difference
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $68,000 - $76,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.