This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 22 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring Education Coaches to connect with prospective students to explain educational benefits and support them in their goals as they return to school. We are looking for dynamic individuals that have a passion for guiding students as they explore classes, programs and degrees in order to make thoughtful decisions about the next step in their educational journey. Education Coaches are Guild ambassadors and trusted partners who believe in the power of education as they work with students to make transformational life decisions to use their education benefits and advance their professional opportunities.
As an Education Coach, you will:
- Call, email and text prospective students shortly after they create a Guild account to help them return to school through their employer’s education benefit
- Prospect and engage with new student leads on a daily basis by responding to inbound connections and creatively sourcing leads from our existing database
- Nourish relationships by learning about prospective students’ work and educational experience as well as their goals so that you can more effectively help them understand their benefits and paths to education (whether online classes, programs or accredited college degrees)
- Own the outcomes of these initial conversations as key to the students’ paths forward as well as a critical component to Guild’s long term success
- Push to connect with every single possible student from our employer partners - be enthusiastic about achieving or exceeding ambitious goals
- Develop and improve your consultative conversation approaches through feedback and call coaching, training programs, and collaboration with team members and your manager
- Support the students throughout the entire application and enrollment process in order to ensure a seamless, productive and positive experience with Guild
- Ensure prospective students have a clear understanding of the skills, technology, and time commitment needed to be a successful student & working adult
- Accurately manage your student pipeline and data in Salesforce
You are a strong fit if:
- You believe hard work is important for success and don’t shy away from metric based goals
- You prefer a fast-changing environment over one that remains the same
- You have a data-driven mindset and the ability to use insights from qualitative conversations and quantitative metrics to build stronger relationships and achieve better results
- You have experience in admissions, enrollment, consultative sales or recruiting roles and a desire to apply those skills to help working adults pursue education
- You welcome feedback from your manager in hopes of improving in the role and growing in your career
- You have a belief in our mission - this role is compensated on base pay, not incentive bonuses
- You have great attention to detail, making sure data is entered and accurate
- You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary of $50,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth