Early Childhood Executive Director at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for an Early Childhood Executive Director to launch an early childhood education center designed to serve its team members’ children.
In fall 2020, Guild is launching an on-site early childhood education center to serve its employees. Guild is thinking differently about childcare and preschool for our employees, aligning them to our mission and reflecting the needs and differences of our Guild employee population. Guild aims to ensure that its employees feel empowered to have audacious goals for both their career and their family life. That necessitates the tools and resources to help Guilders more successfully integrate work and family, in addition to creating a caring environment in which employees’ children thrive.
There are many elements of our approach that we will look to our Early Childhood Executive Director to co-define with us. Here are some of the things that we know today:
- Guild is planning to support our employees’ children including infant, toddler and preschool aged kids, with spots for 50-60 kids to launch with room to grow meaningfully
- Program and philosophy will be play-based in nature
- Guild has identified a great dedicated space adjacent to Guild’s office in Republic Plaza - note that this is in the heart of downtown Denver.
- We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations.
- Guild will provide a subsidy to the program to help offset some tuition costs for employees
Over time, as Guild’s employee base grows, Guild intends to grow its early childhood program and seeks a leader that would be eager to grow the footprint of the program in partnership with us.
As the Early Childhood Executive Director you will:
- Launch and lead the Beehive, and be the connective tissue between Guild and the day to day operations of the school
- Serve as a subject matter expert, bringing your depth of experience as an education leader to the decisions related to launching this new program
- Manage the team that oversees all aspects of the center on a day-to-day basis, including hiring a Program Director, teachers, and additional staff
- Develop a playbook for launching and running an on-site child care program, balancing the rules and regulations of the space with an innovative approach
- Explore uncharted territory and collaborate with the Guild leadership team to think in a new and different way about employer-based child care
- Determine the programmatic approach and operational procedures for running the program
- Join a team at Guild committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- An entrepreneurial and innovative background with experience starting things from scratch
- Deep experience building and contributing to the successful launch of an educational organization, early childhood center, elementary school, or related educational venture
- Strong team building & management skills - both of your team and your teachers, as well as management of constituency groups like boards, parents, etc…!
- An ability to navigate relationships with a breadth of stakeholders including senior executives at Guild, programmatic staff in the center, and families
- An operational mindset and an eagerness to take action, with a can-do mindset and a real comfort with ambiguity
- The financial acumen to manage the operations of The Beehive in alignment with the budget, with experience overseeing budgets ranging from $1M - $10M
- An ability to develop a vision and balance the big picture with the need to attend to the day-to-day details of running a high-quality early childhood program
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Experience leading and/or operating early childhood centers and have ideally launched or overseen the start of a school. Expertise with Colorado licensing is a plus.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.