Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
One of the critical pieces of Checkr’s Operations Team is handling claims of inaccuracy on background reports. As a Dispute Intake Manager, you will work as part of the Operations Leadership team that manages a growing Dispute Intake Specialist group responsible for handling claims of inaccuracy from candidates on their background reports. Your responsibilities will include demonstrating a fundamental understanding of support operations, anticipating broader business needs, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and developing strategic goals and tactical plans.
What You'll Do
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support to a team of Dispute Intake Specialists to hit essential productivity and quality standards, nurturing and developing your team through performance feedback, 1:1s, and coaching
- Work with leadership and other cross-functional partners to scale the team, including headcount planning, workflow/ product improvements, and implementing ways to uplevel the team and the work they do
- Help handle escalated issues to resolution and provide guidance to tenured agents on challenging or complex issues
- Report out on DI performance to the broader Operations team and work with Operations leadership to solve problems you uncover
- Proactively perform data analyses to identify trends to make process and product recommendations to help reduce risk and find efficiencies
- Ensure your team adheres to quality assurance standards, meets productivity expectations, and complies with standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with teams across Checkr such as Product, Legal, and Investigations to help you make changes and navigate ambiguous challenges that arise within the dispute ecosystem
- Drive continuous improvement by providing clear feedback to teammates to bridge gaps in decision-making or processes or deliver training and remediation plans. Develop, deliver and maintain standard operating procedures and training for internal compliance initiatives and optimize team performance to meet critical KPIs and daily productivity targets
What you bring:
- 3+ years of people management experience (Operations, Customer Support, or any high-volume environment a plus)
- Data-driven Mindset: Demonstrable analytical skills and experience using metrics to make decisions
- Organized: You have a solid personal time management process, you can effortlessly organize a project, and you’re obsessive about following through
- Experience motivating employees to exceed expectations and can take a mentorship approach to developing your team
- Project management skills - ability to manage concurrent projects with a track record of hitting targets and deadlines
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity, and you relish the excitement and accountability that come with making tough decisions
- Effective and timely communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complicated processes to any audience
- A feedback junkie: you love to receive it, not afraid to give it, and you can balance positive and constructive feedback
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline and internet-based) is required
- You’re naturally curious and like to ask questions for your own edification or to challenge the status quo
- A sense of humor
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
- Managers who like to keep it simple but thorough
- A team who loves dad jokes
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $94,350 - $111,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.