Director of Supply Chain (ADX-02-21)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
Director of Supply Chain involves day-to-day developing, executing, and improving processes, tools, and systems that encompass forecasting, sourcing, procurement, outsourced manufacturing, inventory management, and ERP module work. Works nimbly as part of a small team focused on launching new products and services while strategically implementing practices for future growth.
- Leads the Purchasing team, purchasing activities, and overall order management strategy.
- Owns all policies, procedures, systems, and best practices regarding order workflow that support other departments.
- Leads the production planning team to deliver best in class processes, metrics and behaviors.
- Works with Production Management to develop capacity planning models in support of scheduling production to support OTD.
- Leads Materials Team to ensure accurate quantity and location accuracy maintenance; assure FIFO/FEFO use of inventory; minimize waste by avoidance of inventory over purchases/obsolescence/expiry date issues; and ensures inventory accuracy is achieved and in a ‘ready for audit’ state.
- Supports real time inventory tracking processes.
- Maximizes space utilization and JIT material availability.
- Manages ERP locations and ensure materials are appropriately labeled, stored, and organized.
- Maintains inventory control accuracy through oversight of generating, distributing, and cycle counts.
- Develops, measures and reports Supply Chain metrics.
- Creates standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams to implement and support inventory control initiatives.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance; responsible for accurate and thorough documentation completion.
- Plans for logistics requirements across global portfolio and in coordination with product and manufacturing expansion.
- Develops global supply chain positioning plan for short-, mid-, and long-term growth strategies.
- 5+ years supply chain leadership experience in planning or order management teams.
- Strong track record of developing and leading high performing teams.
- Self-motivated and holds themselves and others to very high standards of accountability.
- Experience with leading and working within an S&OP process.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and planning logic in cosmetics, personal care, CPG, or other FDA regulated industries.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be analytical; possess strong numeric aptitude and problem-solving abilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ERP system skills including assisting possible new system selection and implementation processes. Excel proficient.
- Drive and determination.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to be a cross-functional leader to ensure difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s minimum, MBA preferred.
Read Full Job Description