Director, Strategy & E-Commerce at HomeAdvisor
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About the Role
HomeAdvisor is seeking to fill a key role in its newly formed Category Management team. HomeAdvisor’s leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of Homeowners and Service Professionals we serve – all in the strong belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth.
The Director of Strategy & E-Commerce will own the P&L for new initiatives and products, like our Home Remodel Initiative or our Everyday Services Marketplace, which aims to help Homeowners through the journey of buying home products and remodeling a room or home. This is a unique opportunity to own the performance of an important part of our overall business, from early testing through to build and scale. In this role, you are expected to deliver the metrics of your initiative, meeting and exceeding its revenue and profit targets. You will own the strategy, partnering cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, Ops, Product etc. in order to lead its execution. You will be expected to know your business inside out, – as well as its Service Pro and Homeowner customers – and be an advocate of it with senior leadership and throughout the organization.
We are looking for a highly analytical leader and team player with previous experience launching and scaling a new initiative in a product-forward company (ideally a marketplace).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Driving the strategy for a high-growth Initiative. You will work closely with product and other teams to design, test and scale a new initiative, tracking metrics and user feedback to continuously optimize the proposition in the market.
- Managing the initiative’s P&L. You will be responsible for delivering the monthly and annual goals, and for continuously evaluating opportunities to improve conversion, margin, and overall profitability of your domain.
- Analyzing, measuring and reporting impact. Test hypotheses quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities. You’ll constantly be looking at (and improving) your metrics.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams. You will have to work closely with people in the product marketing, operations and CX, as well as teams at our sister brands, to succeed.
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility, ideally in a marketplace company
- Prior experience as a Business owner of a new initiative in a product-driven tech or eCommerce company, with a track record from launch to scale
- Significant exposure to digital marketing and P&L ownership strongly preferred
- Prior small company or start-up experience required
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem solving. Past consulting experience is a plus
- Tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable products and processes from scratch, ideally in an operations-intensive environment. Willing to dig in and do what it takes to make sure the business succeeds
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Deep knowledge of Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player with great leadership potential
- Prior experience managing a (small) team is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field
- MBA not required, but preferred
- A passion for HomeAdvisor and where it is headed