Director, Solutions Engineering (Premier Support) at Datadog
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
We are Datadog's in-house product experts. The Technical Solutions team enables Datadog's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through ongoing technical support, presentations, technical evaluations, and demos. Technical Solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skill set.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a company that is revolutionizing the IT monitoring space? Datadog is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented leader to join our high-growth organization and world class Solutions team.
Join a diverse team of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds, working together to solve complex problems the right way. You will help build out our new Premier Support team, overseeing team members across the globe, immersed in a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged, but will also immediately witness your contributions to Datadog and to our customers.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a fast-paced team of Premier Solutions Engineers, who respond to client requests, reproduce and troubleshoot issues, and dive into Datadog’s 400+ integrations – all in the name of delighting our customers
- Work closely with all of Technical Solutions’ global leadership on strategic initiatives as we scale our team globally
- Oversee successful onboarding of Premier Solutions Engineers
- Ensure successful development / education of Premier Solutions Engineers in your group
- Assist recruiting efforts to find and hire top talent worldwide.
- Coach new hires during on-boarding to ensure proper ramping of skills and capabilities.
- Liaise with other groups throughout the organization (Solutions Engineering, Technical Account Management, Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product) to tackle urgent matters, and to implement workflow improvements that help ensure smooth overall operation
- Assist with incident response during outages/incidents, communicating with Premier Support customers and providing info to our internal teams
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development.
- A previous people manager (in particular, has experience managing a team of managers).
- Someone who has scaled-up a Premier or Enterprise Support function previously.
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and have a desire to keep learning more.
- Someone with a high EQ and soft skills.
- A critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach.
- Experienced in successful implementation of process and procedure in a scaling team.
- Exceptional with written and oral communication.
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- Knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies.
- Formal education and/or training in management skills or strategies.
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- CS or Engineering degree.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.