Director of Sales Operations
We are looking for a Senior Director of Sales and Demand Operations to join our team. The Senior Director of Sales and Demand Operations (SDSDO) directs Vendavo’s investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to all of our GTM team’s productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales methodology optimization, sales training, sales initiatives, sales compensation design and administration, and ensuring consistent quality in selecting and hiring sales force talent. The SDSO will work with Sales and Marketing leadership to drive top and bottom line impact through analysis, delivery of operational insights, process development and improvement and in driving key strategic initiatives.
As Senior Director of Sales and Demand Operations (SDSDO) you will:
- Partner with the SVP of WW Sales to ensure a high performing sales team by implementing objectives that appropriately reflect Vendavo’s business goals.
- Partner with the CMO to ensure a high performing demand management process.
- Design, implement and maintain a motivating Incentive Compensation Plan in support of the company’s compensation philosophy; manages compensation inquiries and adjustments.
- Work directly with sales VPs to achieve sales goals by providing timely sales analytics including pipeline analysis, forecasting, and rep level performance measurement.
- Pro-actively identify issues and solutions to make business flow better for the sales and marketing teams.
- Work on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis of situations requires extensive data analysis and interpretation.
- Refine the sales and demand management processes, including key performance indicators and dashboards, pipeline management, and account based demand and territory planning.
- Drive quarterly and annual operational and strategic sales and marketing reviews.
- Ensure accurate sales and demand reporting and identify and deliver actionable internal intelligence to the sales and marketing organizations.
- Work closely with the Finance organization to plan, manage, and report on business KPIs.
- Support the end-of-quarter sales effort by assisting in driving all sales orders and approvals through internal processing.
- Provide operational assistance and metric tracking across the company RFP process.
- Track and report on account performance - measurement set by business units, sales and marketing.
- Create unique models and methods for business understanding, forecasting, marketing efficiency and effectiveness and managing the Vendavo solution portfolio.
- Develop KPIs and dashboards using effective analysis of sales force trends and performance in an effort to identify greater efficiencies and productivity.
- Manage all sales data reporting/analytics, including management of Salesforce.com.
- Measures sales force productivity and ensure effective implementation of established strategies and tactics.
- Deliver sales operations related presentations to the sales organization at global and regional meetings.
- Identifies gaps/opportunities in the current business model and develops improved research methods or processes to fill the gap.
- Able to design, implement and manages sales and demand forecasting, planning and budgeting processes.
- Ability to create and foster a performance and metrics focused culture centered on continuous improvement.
- Have a proven track record and passion for people management and professional development.
- Mix of public/private experience with company revenues of $100m - $500m+ (SaaS business experience desired but not required).
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in business, marketing, accounting, computer science or related field. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of sales operations experience required and preferred in the technology software industry (high growth and/or SaaS business experience highly desired, but not required)
- 3+ year’s sales operations leadership experience and strategy development.
- 3-5+ years using Salesforce.com or related CRM system.
- Strong familiarity with marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred but not required).
- Salesforce Admin certification highly desired but not required.
- Advance Excel skills required.
- Experience conducting statistical analyses with BI tools desired, but not required (i.e Tableau).
- In depth knowledge of Sales Operations technologies, processes, and metrics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all departments to ensure operational alignment.