Director – R&D Strategic Initiatives (Chief of Staff)
In this Director of R&D Strategic Initiatives, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run the operations of an R&D organization. This role will give you a front-row seat in how best in class R&D organizations are run. Successful candidate will minimize customer disruption, improve transparency and efficiency of R&D teams and improve the time to market of our software solutions. This will role will require you to interact with the executive leadership team and as well coordinate across multiple functions within the company.
- Implement, coordinate and improve software company best practices, Vista Standard Operating Procedures (VSOPs) across the R&D function.
- Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable the smooth functioning of the R&D organization
- Lead cross functional, high impact projects as directed by the CTO
- Determine, track and report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives in R&D
- Work with executives and division managers on cross company projects
- Partner with CTO on post M&A activities to drive acquisition integration
- Chief of Staff support to the CTO
Skills & Requirements
- Must have a bachelor’s degree. MBA or formal Management Training is preferred
- Must have 7-10 years of experience in the software industry
- Previous experience as staff in CXO office is a plus
- Experience managing and leading teams, both directly and in matrixed environments
- Solid project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects on-time and on-budget
- Robust analytics and quantitative skills, as well as attention to details
- Resilient in face to competing demands and conflicts
- Demonstrated success in a high pressure, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient ability to drive change in a matrixed environment
- Relationship building and strong decision-making skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Open to travel/relocation
Vertafore is about bringing together top talent to make an immediate impact in software. Our culture encourages employees who are able to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, exploiting advanced techniques to create new “ways and means” for the insurance industry, and with that the industry is changing too.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.