Director of Professional Services at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:06 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, October 14, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
About the Team
JumpCloud is adding a Director of Professional Services to our Customer Support (CS) team in the US. The CS team includes the functions of Relationship management (Customer Success Managers), transactional technical support (Customer Support Engineers), implementation and onboarding support (Implementation Engineers), customer education and technical documentation. We are now adding the function of professional services that will offer a portfolio of both entitled and paid service designed to improve customer ease of use, increase product adoption and add a new revenue driver for JumpCloud.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting to and working with the CCO, lead the development of Professional Services strategy for the team and build a plan to design and build the ideal organization that consistently meets and exceeds assigned goals.
- Lead the decision making process that will ultimately determine exactly what services will be designed and delivered as well as the roles, responsibilities and skill sets needed for each service.
- Working with People Partner and Recruiting, design and manage new prospecting, resourcing and screening practices for the skill sets needed to deliver the portfolio of services delivered.
- Working with People Partner and Compensation experts insure all compensation strategies support the long term security of talent on the new PS team.
- Own the quality, efficiency (accomplishing Gross Margin goals) and customer satisfaction/referenceability of all services provided by the new team.
- Design and build a strategy that continuously evolves the PS team to make sure the services offered and provided evolve along with the KC platform as well as customer needs.
- Anticipate the needs of customers as they get larger, more complex and potentially move into the enterprise space.
- Partner with leaders in our PM, PMM, sales, marketing and centralized support functions (FP&A, BSS, BI, etc.) to improve collaboration and efficiency throughout the customers life cycle.
- Lead the identification, vetting and decision making processes around tools and technology that will be needed by the PS team.
KPI’s are TBD but may include some or all of the following:
- High satisfaction and reference-ability
- Measurable positive impact on Health Scores and retention
- Hit revenue goal
- Hit GM target
- Expanded product adoption
- Lower support burden
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience successfully building and managing a professional services organization with P&L responsibility.
- 3+ years experience managing professional services in a SaaS platform environment.
- Experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies used in and by a PS team.
- Proven skills in relationship management with regard to mid market and upper mid market customers. (experience in the enterprise customer segment a plus)
- Experience with SaaS solution offerings and ability to articulate and demonstrate the value of SaaS over competing architectures.
- Strong understanding of business processes, KPI, managing goals and objectives and their use in managing a PS business.
- Ability to evaluate and develop teams and reshape as necessary while mentoring and inspiring the individuals.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including executives at the most senior levels.
- Ability to grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
- Ability to lead cross functional business and technical teams to provide timely issue resolution.
- Excellent organization, project management, time management and communication skills.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get in the trenches as needed.
- Must work independently and deliver on detail as well as strategy.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma or other disciplined process improvement methodology strongly preferred.
- Passionate about the entrepreneurial spirit and committed to help our customers.
- A strong leader who is focused on accountability and superior professional development.
- Can demonstrate a proven record of continuous process improvement.
- A proven history of building and developing strong teams that raise the bar for the rest of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop other high performing individuals and team members.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $150,000-175,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description