Director, Planning and Purchasing at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH Network is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it with the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network built from scratch, free of the limitations of the past. Our wireless teams are at the helm of a communications revolution, building a multi-brand wireless telco from the ground up and reinventing how Americans view their mobile carrier. We are the nation's fourth facilities-based wireless carrier, servicing customers today through the Boost Mobile, Ting, Republic, and GenMobile brands, and will be an even greater disruptive force
in the market in the coming years. Moreover, we continue to lead and innovate in the areas of TV services with the DISH, DISH Business, and Sling brands, as well as expanding our customers' home security and automation capabilities with DISH Smart Home Services and OnTech. Connecting people and things is only the first step. After that? Driverless cars, smart communities and the potential to power a connected world.
At DISH Network, the Supply Chain team enables us to service our customers without disruption, due to the agile and proactive management of our global supply base. By concentrating the skills and resources in one team, we are elevating DISH's processes to service our internal and external customers faster, better, and more efficiently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, you will lead two critical functions:
- Lead S&OP meetings for key internal customers, creating cross-functional alignment on key business issues.
- Create and publish master demand plans for TV-related businesses.
- Manage inventory to targets based on forecasts and cash flow targets.
- Develop monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Guide several process re-engineering/software implementation projects that will drive improved forecast accuracy, inventory planning and process efficiency.
- Guiding team that places all POs for all businesses.
- Re-engineering processes to expand our service offering to our internal customers, especially in the area of post-order management, and drive process efficiencies, including participation in a source-to-pay system implementation currently underway.
- Look for opportunities to expand the use of existing technologies, like RPAs and reporting, as well as implement new technology solutions that will automate many transactional activities.
- Elevate the role of Buyer from tactical order placement to a role that drives significant value for our internal customers and works with Buyers to expand their skills and opportunities.
- Review procurement policies and governance practices to balance risk and customer support.
For each of these functional focuses, the successful candidate will also need to:
- Focus on improvements in KPIs/metrics that result in improved customer support and bottom-line results.
- Interface at an executive level and develop influential relationships with the leaders of our key internal customer organizations.
- Define a strong vision of the future for the planning and procurement teams that will leverage best-in-class supply chain practices.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with a concentration in supply chain, IT, analytics, business, math, finance, economics or related fields or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with deep knowledge of best-in-class supply chain practices.
- Persuasive communication skills and ability to influence internal customers in various functions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a results-oriented mentality with a focus on efficiency, accuracy and quality, with Six Sigma competencies, preferred.
Compensation: $185,000.00/Year - $225,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.