About the Team:
Reserve Trust is the first fintech trust company with a Federal Reserve master account. We provide B2B payments services that financial institutions and fintech’s have previously only been able to obtain from correspondent and sponsor banks. Unconstrained by legacy banking systems, the company is actively building new services, APIs, and payment rails to support embedded and real time payments for any fintech service or software platform. Headquartered in Colorado, the company is backed by some of the world’s best financial technology investors including QED and Fintech Collective.
Our Company Values:
Trust, Curiosity, Drive and Collaboration
Our Company Culture:
As a member of the Reserve Trust team, you are expected to contribute your talents and energies to conducting our business and improving the culture and quality of Reserve Trust. We value teamwork and collaboration within your department and cross functionally. We encourage knowledge sharing and challenging the norm. We value each other thru active appreciation and recognition. Bring your best practices to the table to help us build a world class, leading payments platform that continuously pushes the envelope in customer service. We want you to be the best version of yourself with us!
How You Fit In:
The Director of Operations Risk & Control is the first line of defense risk manager within the operations team at Reserve Trust. This person will play a critical role in supporting the COO to ensure that a cohesive and efficient strategy, process, and procedures exists to manage and mitigate operational, compliance and other risks presented by the sales, marketing, customer success and payment operations functions (collectively, “operations”).
Reporting to our COO, this role requires extensive collaboration across key business functions including risk, compliance and legal to implement the risk management framework, as a key component of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program.
What You’ll Do:
Develop and implement the risk program for operations
· Develop “target operating model” for operations team risk program (including people, process, and technology), taking account of existing first line and second line risk management program and supporting capabilities
· Develop & prioritize roadmap for establishing operations team risk program target operating model
· Drive operations policy & procedures drafting, periodic review, and updates
· Provide subject matter expertise across enterprise on operational risk management matters
· Collaborate closely with the enterprise risk programs to align operations risk team structure, governance, processes and results with enterprise-wide mandates
Maintain RCSAs and lead incident management
· Establish and execute the risk and control self-assessment (RCSA) program for operations
· Continuously identify, prioritize, and resolve gaps or deficiencies in internal controls, based on RCSA and enterprise risk results
· Lead incident management process for risk events involving operations, including the identification, evaluation (including root cause analysis), and remediation of the incident and appropriate coordination with risk, compliance, IT/information security and other relevant departments
Oversee risk reporting, governance, and Key Indicator (KI) development across operations
· Establish immediate and target-state key risk indicators and define data requirements for tracking and reporting on KRIs
· Assist enterprise functions with KI reporting
· Ensure adequate controls and KRI monitoring and escalation procedures in place for key operations functions
· Evaluate reporting quality and data integrity, work with product and engineering teams to enhance data sources, information systems and tools to improve data collection and reporting
· Present operations risk program reviews to COO, Compliance/Risk executives, and other senior management as necessary.
· Participate on any management level committees as appropriate to support risk and compliance-oriented activities.
Continuous Operations Team & Key Risk Process Enhancement
· Identify training needs for risk issues that group faces, with emphasis on operational and compliance related issues, partnering internally and externally with 3rd party vendors to deliver role-based training in response to findings or to improve risk management skills across organization
· Interact with regulators as needed and maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State banking and/or trust charter laws and regulations
· Obtain and maintain necessary training to keep current on regulatory compliance and B2B payment operations and operational risk best practices.
· Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated hands-on experience and subject matter expertise in developing, implementing, and managing operational risk or enterprise risk programs within the banking, payments and/or financial services industry
· Functional understanding of B2B payment operations, payment rails (ACH, FedWire), and key associated operational risk and compliance requirements (AML/OFAC)
· Deep understanding and experience in assessing risk in each component of a complex business
· A proven track record of establishing a proactive, constructive dialogue and partnering effectively with business leaders across an organization to implement and cohesive and efficient enterprise risk program
· Regulatory compliance familiarity and experience including FINRA, OCC, state agencies, FRB and international obligations
What Reserve Trust Offers:
· Competitive Salaries
· Stock Options
· 401(k) with company contribution
· Excellent No-Cost and Low-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and dependents
· Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
· FSA and HSA Plans
· Flexible PTO
· Home office stipend
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $125,000 – 150,000. Reserve Trust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
The Reserve Trust Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status.
Read Full Job Description