Director of Operations / Client Services
Greater Denver Area
We’re not for everybody. We’re for those who are passionate, un-apologetically ambitious, and determined for success. Hotel Engine empowers companies to save and streamline instantly - connecting hundreds of companies with thousands of travelers and hotel partners to an exclusive membership platform.
Director of Customer Operations (Hotel Engine)
This executive will be a high energy leader that can drive operational excellence supporting a rapidly growing company. This person will be a passionate innovator and builder, helping our team deliver world-class hotel booking support and customer service with every interaction.
· Establish strategic vision and processes to become the most loved hotel booking platform on Earth.
· Lead the customer service support team to transform the hotel booking and overall guest experience to a world class level.
· Drive departmental and organizational efficiencies by building out the team’s KPIs, reporting, preventable issue handling, and standard operation procedures.
· Set performance goals for quality and efficiency linked directly to execution of operational plan and impact on overall company performance.
· Develop an operational roadmap and execution plan anticipating future needs of a rapidly growing company and customer base.
· Solicit regular internal and external customer feedback to lead continuous process improvement projects and process to optimize business with loyalty customers.
· Audit operational procedures and customer experience looking for continuous process improvements.
· Identify and overcome operational obstacles facing a high growth company
· Collaborate with Product and Technology teams to drive scalability and efficiency of solutions
· Strong data-driven influencer and people manager who has a proven track record of scaling operations and customer service teams to get results quickly.
· Experience with design, development, and implementation of new processes, systems, and technology.
· Experience being a change agent and motivating customer support teams.
· Knowledgeable about web and mobile applications.
· Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
· Strong organizational and planning skills while being highly adaptable to change.
· Must take ownership, be proactive, inspire others, have bias for action, and be a self-starter.
· Must be a leader and builder, and a solid people manager.
Required Education & Experience:
· BS/BA Degree in Business (or equivalent work experience)
· 7+ years total professional experience; at least five years of proven successful management and leadership
· 5+ years of managing customer support teams
· 3+ years of experience with internet, ecommerce, or online travel agencies
· Experience at start-ups or rapidly growing companies is a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: Customer support team, Operations team and any potential new hires.
Travel: Less than 5% expected.
What we provide:
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
Discounted Wireless Service plans
Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
A healthy work/life balance
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Read Full Job Description