Director - Mission Enabling Solutions at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Director – Mission Enabling Solutions
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Survivability and Strike (SAS) Products in Tactical Solutions (TS).
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a portfolio of current and emerging weapon system products targeting platforms with conformal, low observable, high temperature, or challenging SWAP requirements.
- Assess market potential for existing markets and develop internal investment strategies to penetrate new and lateral markets.
- Develop technology concepts, direct innovative research, and establish industrial partnerships necessary to effectively compete in those markets.
- Lead multiple teams of ASMs, PMs, and key core engineering staff to conceive, design, develop, test, and transition products into the TS production area.
- Provide leadership and functional direction of the leadership team by exhibiting behaviors aligned with the tenants of Ball’s Inspire, Connect and Achieve (ICA) leadership model. The behaviors would include providing a unifying vision, understanding the diverse needs of others to meet business challenges and acting with humility and a collaborative spirit.
- Provide technical direction based on warfighter needs and capability gaps to guide and support the development of antenna, antenna electronics, and related technical solutions towards closing those gaps.
- Establish sector strategy aligned with SAS director strategy to support technical development and business growth.
- Implement resulting sector growth strategy to include overseeing pursuit and capture activities.
- Approve proposal strategy, including technical write ups, win themes, key points, and pricing strategies.
- Be responsible for projecting and realizing quarterly and annual bookings, sales, and profit targets.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with major customers at the CRAD level (DARPA, AFRL, ONR, etc), the platform prime level, and with subsystem / sensor providers with whom we may integrate.
- Lead interactions with contracted customers, especially during contract negotiations, major reviews and issue identification/definition/resolutions.
- Review and approve technical and contracting approaches for portfolio development programs.
- Conduct internal program reviews for programs experiencing significant changes or variations from planned performance. Provide guidance for recovery or mitigation efforts.
- Review major prime and government customer roadmaps, work to align internal strategy, and oversee IRAD and CRAD activities to influence customer roadmap development.
- Manage dedicated OH, IRAD and B&P budgets. Provide inputs to the capital planning process.
- Provide staffing and facility requirements to the SAS operations lead.
- Provide leadership to all Ball Aerospace employees working on SAS programs / projects.
- Work closely with business partners in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Security, IT, and Human Resources to formulate and explain needs and follow through with these organizations to make sure the SAS team has what it needs to be successful.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts commensurate with BATC financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above to other areas within BATC outside of SAS and TS.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Graduate technical degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Deep understanding of classified DoD acquisition process including classified requirements, budget, and execution of R&D and procurement areas.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading development programs that execute on schedule and on cost.
- Superb presenting skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Active Top Secret security clearance is required with an in-scope margin of at least 6 months from date of hire for SAP access.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Travel is required and is estimated to be < 25%.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Direct Program Charge: 0%
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- Subject to business and individual performance, and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in a long-term incentive compensation plan.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.