Director of Member Experience at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As we head into the new year, we’re looking for a Director of Member Experience to lead our inbound call center support team through a period of growth and transformation. In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with operations, marketing, and engineering to define the roadmap, processes and requirements that will support high performance at scale. We’re looking for a passionate innovator who can develop talent, analyze data and optimize support operations (including phone, chat, email and soon text) so that every customer has a world class experience. This is a unique opportunity to step into the future of the hotel industry at a high-growth, technology-focused startup solving longstanding challenges in new and innovative ways.
In this role, you will:
- Build a world-class, scalable Member Experience program
- Bring an analytical mindset to every opportunity using data to understand performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Strategically manage productivity and capacity in order to hire, align, and coach talented associates while balancing business needs and individual development
- Ensure the team delivers best in class performance, achieving or exceeding customer satisfaction targets
- Assess the customer support landscape and use the insights to recommend the support channels, models and tools that will deliver a high-quality experience, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner
- Represent the voice of the customer in internal meetings, strategic planning and goal setting efforts
- Use your expertise to proactively identify potential issues and implement measures to prevent them including incorporating change management and training efforts to set the team up for success
- Ensure financial and billing issues (e.g. overcharges) are managed and resolved, using the dashboard to track, measure, and improve team efforts and partner satisfaction
- Become an expert on our business in order to ensures compliance with contractual, regulatory, and corporate requirements and guidelines for three audiences: our customers, our hotel partners and internal stakeholders
- Develop policies and procedures to improve service delivery, efficiency and cross-functional collaboration
- Base compensation range: $95,000 - $105,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component, increasing on-target earning potential.
Your background and experience will likely include:
- Experience as a people manager and cross-functional influencer who has successfully scaled customer service operations
- Experience using data to drive decisions, set goals, achieve targets, and manage team performance
- Building customer support/call center programs from the ground up and rapidly evolving them through change
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a multi-layered team of 30+ support associates in a competitive environment
- Experience successfully launching new channels
- Experience with external/outsourced staff augmentation partners
- The ability to bring passion, creativity and flexibility to the challenges and opportunities associated with leading a team based on years of experience successfully managing similar teams
- Experience in travel, ecommerce, startup or other online businesses
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, pet and disability offerings
- A 401(k) plan with a match program launching in Q1 2021