Director, Marketplace Payments
Guild is hiring for a Director, Marketplace Payments, who will own the day-to-day strategic account management for Guild’s education benefits management and Payments platform, one of the company’s fastest-growing and most vital business segments.
As the Director, Marketplace Payments, you will develop strong relationships internally, with Guild’s new and existing Fortune 1000 clients and top-tier academic partners, and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Benefit Management system across the Guild marketplace. The benefits management platform is a highly cross-functional system, incorporating technology, payment strategy, policy and process to manage tuition and reimbursement benefits for thousands of Guild students. You will develop an expertise in the workflows and needs of Guild and Guild’s partners, identify opportunities for process and policy improvements, feed new value-creating solutions back to our internal teams, thereby enabling the support Guild students need to succeed in their academic programs. This role will report to Mae Podesta, VP of Marketplace Operations & Payments.
As a Director, Marketplace Payments you will:
- Serve as the primary liaison for large new and existing academic and employer partners on areas related to education benefit program & policy strategy and design, education benefits administration, and tuition facilitation, including systems improvements and troubleshooting
- Partner with our partnerships and payments ops teams to define requirements; drive the onboarding; and support ongoing management of new employer and academic partners into Guild’s payments platform, while ensuring contractual requirements are met.
- Earn trust and increase partner satisfaction through data, insights, and solutions that make Guild our partners most valuable benefits administrator.
- Champion key projects that benefit your key stakeholders and Guild, ensuring proper documentation and communications
- Collaborate with our data engineers, product managers, finance, and operating teams to brainstorm approaches and solutions for more scalable outcomes
- Partner with Client Success and Finance to help develop and refine short-term and long-term forecasts for benefits budget reviews
In addition to working on our Marketplace Operations and Payment Strategy Team, you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Bijal Shah (Chief Product and Analytics Officer), Greg Siegel (SVP of Partnerships) & Amanda Lubin (VP of Academic Partnerships).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4+ years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business or similarly related field
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong relationships, inspire confidence, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Organization with a high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level progress and small details
- A structured, analytical, systems and process-oriented thinker who can simplify and present complex problems and issues in an easy-to-understand manner, review existing products & process, identify gaps and opportunities, and provide recommendation for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and debate issues to identify the best possible outcome
- Commitment to understanding technical matters outside own area of expertise
- Ability to take data-driven approach to partner management to increase satisfaction
- A plus would be experience in either the higher education industry (financial aid, higher ed regulations) or legal industry (tax, education, corporate, benefits)
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.