Director of Manufacturing at Parsyl
Parsyl is an early-stage, venture-backed technology platform that was founded with the mission to improve health and save money by providing a better way to ensure the integrity of sensitive goods as they are shipped around the globe. We do this by combining proprietary sensing devices with powerful predictive data analytics to offer an unprecedented view of quality assurance and risk dynamics.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?” - we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast growing startup, you will lead processes for the production of Parsyl’s hardware sensing devices, from development to manufacturing to fulfillment and reverse logistics.
You are a good fit for this position if you have a background in international electronics manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and inventory management. You know how to build relationships with third party partners and providers and implement manufacturing best practices from the ground up to drive efficiencies in our supply chain. You’re an experienced self-starter willing to get your hands dirty in the day to day details of both management and execution.
What You’ll Get to Work On
As the Director of Manufacturing, you’ll be responsible for everything related to manufacturing and shipping our sensing devices. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Collaborating closely with product management, engineering, operations, design, and external contractors / suppliers throughout the new product development phase.
- Managing the process of manufacturing for existing products to optimize for cost, quality, and speed.
- Developing a scalable process for testing, preparing and shipping devices to customers
- Managing operations staff
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, or other relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years experience relevant to the role
- Experience managing complex global supply chains and overseas partners
- Familiarity with major distributors of electronic components
- Understanding of global electronics manufacturing best practices
- Skilled at developing relationships with partners and vendors
- Experience managing an operations team
Bonus if you have experience/background in:
- Experience with “Internet of Things” industry and technology landscape
- Familiarity with plastics manufacturing and tooling
- Background in project management
What We Look For
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to reduce waste and improve health for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your craft and in working hard to bring your designs to fruition.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available