Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Serves as the primary champion for the business unit’s Lean Six Sigma enterprised activities. Partner with organizational leaders to suport, lead, and drive cross-functional projects and business critical initiatives that have a strategic business impact utlizing Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies and advanced engineering techniques. Focus is on innovation, process improvement, re-engineering and value creation.
What will you be responsible for?
- Partner with executive management business leaders to proactively develop a portfolio of process innovation projects that are critical and aligned to the organization’s strategic and operational imperatives.
- Lead transformational projects/initiatives that are significant in scope, sensitivity, complexity requiring integrated appliation of improvement tools/methods, process redesign and analysis from identification through execution.
- Provide direction, solutions and apply statistical tools to improve process capability, reduce variability, and eliminate waste and defects to the business unit.
- Lead and develop the BPNCA Lean Six Sigma Training Program to include Black Belt/Green Belt Certification for the executive, functional, and plant employees.
- Guide and mentor Black Belts in the deployment and effective application of Lean Six Sigma tools to assure results and benefits are achieved.
- Direct directors, regional managers, Black Belts to create project plans and direct team members, including personnel certified at the Master Black Belt, Black Belt, Green and Yellow Belt levels, to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Interface with external parties to represent Ball’s Lean Six Sigma journey and implementation.
- Leads through other directors, manager, or a subject matter expert with no direct reports.
- Responsible for BPNCA Lean Six Sigma functional planning, financial/budgets, end results and setting departmental strategy/policies
- Drive Lean Six Sigma methodology best practices within BPNCA-to provide wide adoption efforts with internal and external customers.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through bachelor’s degree, graduate degree level education preferred or work-related experience
- Job related experience for a minimum of 7 year(s)
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading and transforming organizations using Lean Six Sigma principles of manufacturing
- 5 years of manufacturing leadership experience (High Speed Manufacturing/Packaging preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and process capability
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviours
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $132,500 - 205,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 15
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans