Director - ITS Infrastructure and Operations at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Director – ITS Infrastructure and Operations
Accomplished leader with extensive operational experience and knowledge of technology, processes and measures of operational success. Must possess a strong commitment to customer service and a track record of implementing technology and processes to drive efficiency and resiliency. Highly collaborative and capable of building strong relationships within ITS, with customers and executive leadership. Strategic thinker and planner - deep business understanding and ability to align organizational goals with business strategy and create action plans. Create a data driven operations culture. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and allocate resources in a dynamic environment. Proven ability to establish high functioning operational team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the internal IT environments, enterprise systems, capacity planning/scaling, storage, collaboration systems, service delivery, and operations.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership of the network, storage, server and data center and customer support teams.
- Develop scalable on-premises and cloud infrastructure to support our growing business.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Ensure mission critical software/services and systems are available and accessible to the business.
- Manage the data center design, technology implementation, capacity planning/scaling, and operations for multiple locations. Demonstrated success in project/planning management and maintenance of multiple co-locations/Data Center(s) in a high-volume transaction environment.
- Establishing data driven operations monitoring and response.
- Own Disaster Recovery Planning and testing.
- Collaborate with CISO to develop and implement plans to manage risks and to provide effective backup and restore function for all business-critical systems.
- Contribute to strategic planning process.
- Work directly with both internal and external audit teams to ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures and ensure they consistent and repeatable.
- Maintains strong relationships with providers/vendors to maximum service.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by ITS Senior Director.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 15 or more years of experience working in IT operation environment plus 5 or more years of experience managing multi-site/co-location data centers is preferred.
- Excellent negotiating skills and demonstrated skills in team leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively influence other people and organizations in order to obtain objectives, achieve goals and balance competing needs.
- Customer and/or service-oriented mindset with the ability to provide a wide variety of customers with the interface they require, while tactfully managing customer expectations.
- Ability to act in a leadership capacity, provide vision to those supervised, and guide diverse teams and employees to ever higher levels of achievement.
- Very strong verbal and written communication ability with customers, upper level management, and organizations throughout the company.
- Proven strategic ability with adoption of process change while continuously generating what is effective with our process direction.
- Functional management experience, salary planning performance reviews, career planning and progression.
- Established ability to develop direct reports. Be a strong delegator, allowing our experts autonomy to do their work and be there with them during resistance.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
- Subject to business and individual performance, and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in a long-term incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.