Director of IT at CircleCI
As Director of Information Technology your main goal is to enable our global organization through the effective use of Information Technology. You will be responsible for defining CircleCI’s technology strategy, and a vision for how that should unfold over the upcoming 3-5 year horizon. You will build and lead the IT team, and shape our systems architecture and technology choices. You will define and communicate key IT policies and procedures, and set clear expectations that our employees and departments can understand and be accountable to uphold. You will collaborate with other teams to choose a rational roster of systems, tools, and integrations that maximize our efficiency as an organization, and the employee experience. The Director of IT will report directly to the VP of Customer Engineering.
About the IT Team:
The IT team is responsible for provisioning and supporting our key technologies (workstations, A/V equipment), providing a help desk to our employees, and administering key tools and platforms used across the organization. Additionally the IT team is responsible for collaborating with the Security Team to ensure ongoing compliance with FedRAMP, SOC 2, and other emerging requirements.
What you'll do:
- Define CircleCI’s technology strategy and a vision of how that unfolds over a multi-year period
- Identify a back office system architecture in conjunction with the key business stakeholders and system owners across the company
- Define and document the critical business systems leveraged across the organization, and the necessary people/process/tools required to ensure effective day to day operations of those systems.
- Establish clear help desk policies, ensure SLA’s are being achieved, and provide a positive user experience to our employees.
- Determine the appropriate separation of duties related to each critical business system, in conjunction with the existing business owners and primary user base.
- Work with the Security Team to ensure ongoing compliance for FedRAMP and SOC 2. This includes being a guardian of the Access Control Policy.
- Assist in evidence creation for audits.
- Help shape and manage a procurement process to ensure adequate visibility and control exists over technology purchases. Oversee and negotiate annual contract renewals.
- Document the intended use and best practices for our portfolio of communications tools; how and when to use slack, e-mail, etc.
- Drive organization-wide technical requirements and solutions on matters such as automating onboarding/offboarding, MDM, anti-virus, VPNs, phishing, password managers and 2FA.
- Manage quarterly objectives and KPIs for the IT function.
What we're looking for:
- Experience driving the IT function for a growing global organization.
- A collaborative mindset.
- A hands-on leadership style, with a scrappy start-up mentality.
- Great communication skills, especially strong at cross departmental collaboration.
- Technical proficiency around AV systems, Okta, office wireless networks, MDM, anti-virus, VPNs, phishing, password managers and 2FA.
- Understanding of SOC 2, FedRAMP and GDPR.
- Passionate about solving problems for employees of all levels and working with compliance/security teams.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to juggle, coordinate, track and follow through details of many seemingly unrelated issues.
- Coordinate all the dependencies of a deliverable action across teams.
- Provide concise reports to management.
- Ability to escalate problems with applications or products to management with recommendations on solutions.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Passion for our mission, our technology and our innovative approach to achieve growth
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.