Director, IT Service Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Centennial, CO
Department: Information Technology
What if you could support the solutions that will change the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work.
That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together. As a member of the RingCentral IT team, you’ll work across every department in the company to develop and deploy innovations that power productivity, deliver insights, and improve the flow of company data. It’s a team built to thrive on change—and a perfect place to build a career with lasting impact.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
RingCentral is looking for a Director, IT Service Operations who will be responsible for leading a team of IT professionals charged with delivering a high-quality portfolio of IT services focused on Network / Security Operations (NOC/SOC) and Compliance technologies. This position is responsible for partnering with all IT, Security and business leadership to plan, design, develop, transform, automate, maintain, and operate RingCentral’s critical IT services. They would also be responsible for ensuring IT creates, implements, and maintains an environment of compliance and continuous improvement.
· Manage the build out of the IT Services function responsible for the IT Network Operations Center (NOC), Security Operations Center (SOC) and Identity and Access Management (IAM) functions.
· Provide technical leadership in analyzing, defining, and implementing the IT Service Operations function to meet company needs
· Develop the strategic direction for investment and continuous improvement
· Partner with IT Infrastructure and Corporate Security to develop innovative solutions
· Lead the adoption of new processes, services and technologies to meet the needs of the business
· Oversee a team of technical support staff who are responsible for the full lifecycle of IT services from design, build, introduction, and retirement/refresh of technologies that make up the IT Service Operations portfolio
· Track, maintain, and create key metrics and client satisfaction measures focusing on the continuous improvement of the service
· Sponsor and/or lead special projects
· Ensure global standards, documentation, and processes are implemented and kept up to date
· Create and manage related IT controls for ISO, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, CDPA, CPNI, and Security
· Represent IT during internal and external audits
· Improve service delivery through effective use of ITIL, best practices, and industry standards
· Create and track key performance indicators, staffing ratios, trends, and benchmarks
· Develop/plan budget and recommendations for personnel, training, equipment, materials and all other end user services related activities.
· Develop and communicate team goals, pass down company goals, and establish a clear mission with team members
· Provide consistent performance feedback, create development opportunities, and define a framework for team member career advancement
· Interview/hire new employees, evaluate performance, and take corrective action when needed
· Create and execute strategic roadmaps, update priorities and substantiate staffing/resourcing requirements needs using ratios and data driven metrics
· Ensure 24x7 support coverage of services while accommodating vacations and holidays
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
· 10 years or more overall IT/Security experience
· 5 years or more of IT management experience
· Experience building out a Network and Security Operations function
· Deep understanding of identity management architecture, design, delivery and compliance
· Demonstrated leadership of IT security, network, and compliance requirements
· Ability to work across and manage distributed teams
· Demonstrated ability to define and report against critical metrics and key performance indicators
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively to all levels in the company
· Project management acumen to manage projects effectively on time and within budget
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams in successfully implementing new technologies and services.
· Strong business acumen, analytical mindset and critical thinking abilities; data driven
· Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, dynamic environment
· Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
· Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status