Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Director, IT Infrastructure will lead a Data Center Services team responsible for architecture, design technical engineering, capacity and infrastructure project planning and oversight, including project management, administration, metrics, reporting, technical services, site effort coordination, and large scale, long term planning both within a region and globally.
- Create and drive a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration, accountability, and safety. Support and contribute thought leadership to the development and implementation of business, engineering, and project management practices which support the growth and ongoing management of our global data center IT footprint.
- Manage staffing levels, resources and schedules based on business requirements and service needs, ensuring that technologies are ranked by critical and appropriate staffing and training is maintained to support them
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to the infrastructure teams.
- Mentor junior engineers and act as a local escalation for operating systems and core services support within the Production Operations environments.
- Monitors support queues to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Identifies and recommends emerging solutions to improve security, efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability.
- Implements processes, procedures, and effective security monitoring for proactive identification and resolution of potential issues.
- Performs capacity planning and analysis to ensure networks can support long term growth of data and applications.
- Actively participates in compliance audits, and works to continuously improve audit procedures/processes.
- Manages the effectiveness and delivery of vendors to continuously improve the infrastructure.
- Manages the infrastructure budget, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget as well as identifying ways to optimize existing budgets to make them more efficient.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred.
- VMWare knowledge is preferred.
- 3+ year’s previous managerial experience relating to infrastructure is required.
- Previous experience working in a mid to large site/network.
- Previous experience working in a dynamic, high pressure production environment.
- Previous experience managing systems with a large customer base.
- Complex knowledge of system administration tools and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with co-workers.
- Demonstration of strong decision making and leadership skills
- Ability to work as both a team player and independently on tasks of high complexity.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on workload.
Base salary range: $108,871-$118,010
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave