Director IT Global Infrastructure/Telecommunications at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
The Director Global Network Services has responsibility for all aspects of network technology at Arrow including strategic planning and design, engineering implementation, capacity planning and support services for a Fortune 120 technology company. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience providing leadership to the network engineering and network security teams responsible for vision, strategy, and deployment of global services across over 450 locations. This position will sit full time onsite in our Centennial, CO location at Arrow's global corporate HQ.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversee Arrow’s globally distributed network engineering and network security planning, design and expense management teams
- Manage relationship with broad set of vendors providing services and products to Arrow.
- Work with Arrow sales teams and strategic partners to help them understand how to sell network related services and products to clients in similar roles.
- Demonstrate how Arrow makes use of partner products to clients.
- Leverage understanding of market conditions and new technology advancements to support current and future business direction for all network requirements
- Manage capital and operating budget
- Manage network integration for newly acquired companies.
- Lead a team of managers and senior managers and a total population of 40+ globally distributed employees
- Provide coaching, guidance, training, leadership (teachable point of view), opportunity for employee career growth. Facilitate and encourage ideas and participation
- Partner with the business and other areas of IT in order to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Define network architecture standards, processes, develop and implement cost effective solutions to meet Arrow’s business needs
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field, or equivalent experience and technical training preferred
- 10+ years of experience in technology roles, at least 5 of which include managing a large global staff
- Extensive experience in managing supervisors, managers and technical teams that are regionally and globally distributed.
- Demonstrates good understanding of business and financial aspects of IT.
- Experience leading teams in long term strategic planning and architecture design for voice, data, telecom services and procurement strategy for complex global networks.
- Experience development and implementing processes, network architecture and standards, policy.
- Manages budgetary spend and performs budgetary planning.
- Prior experience negotiating and managing large-scale contracts and vendor relationships with a specific focus on networks.
- Ability to leverage negotiation skills in order to optimize use of resources, identify technology solutions that provide a cost benefit.
- Experience managing global 24x7 IT operations with a service orientation. Must be able to partner and communicate technically and non-technically effectively across all levels of employee. Strong executive presentation skills. Demonstrate ability to effectively manage, coach and develop a technically diverse workforce.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and international
- Must have the ability to multi-task and track the status of multiple projects and issues at once
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding of voice, video and data communications technologies including:
- Network routing and Ethernet switching technologies (Cisco, HP, Juniper, other)
- Firewall management (Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint)
- Wireless Lan technologies – (HP/Aruba, Cisco)
- WAN Routing technologies and protocols (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- VPN (IPSEC and GRE)
- Video Conferencing (Polycom, AMX, Skype for Business)
- Voice over IP communications (Skype PSTN, Avaya, Nortel, Mitel)
- Network management
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Parental Leave Options
- Employee Discount on Annual RTD Pass
- Wide Variety of Growth Opportunities
- Casual Work Environment