Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Strategic and operational leadership responsibilities for the Metal Forming Pilot Lines & Labs as part of Global Beverage Innovation. Build a team with strong technical capabilities and organizational processes to effectively plan, carry out, troubleshoot, test, and document innovation activities conducted on pilot line equipment at the BTIC. Continue to build and enhance a culture of creative and proactive planning, problem solving, attention to detail, and collaboration.
What will you be responsible for?
- Leadership responsibility for the planning, operation, maintenance, and improvements to the pilot line equipment in support of Cross Functional & Innovation Leadership projects and strategic initiatives as part of Global Beverage Innovation.
- Work with Cross Functional & Innovation Leadership stakeholders to develop & execute the global innovation strategy specific to the pilot line and laboratory facilities.
- Oversee the team responsible for the activities associated with the pilot lines, laboratories, & auxiliary / building:
- Safety, facilities, & EHS
- Planning, scheduling, resource planning & allocation
- Equipment & facility maintenance, spare parts, etc
- Quality Laboratories – equipment, gauges, SOP’s, reporting & documentation
- Filling, capping, seaming, and customer trials & sample creation
- Plan, recruit & manage temp / contract employees for longer steady state operation as needed
- Tooling inspection, measurement, inventory, tracking/planning
- Install, startup, and debug new equipment and capabilities in pilot line facilities
- Drive creation, planning, and execution of rapid prototype (arts & crafts) laboratory
- Contribute to innovation expansion initiatives with proactive strategic improvements to processes, procedures, & org design of the pilot line capabilities as needed
- Build & maintain a culture of creative problem solving, ownership, diversity & inclusion that enables innovation & empowers team members with responsibility and accountability
- Enable & drive a data driven decision making culture making use of quality control analytics & principles
- Help project teams seek, identify, & proactively address areas of concern such as lack of resources, project delays, equipment & tooling capabilities, etc by helping teams create recovery paths where needed
- Responsible for consistent and comprehensive trial data, reporting, documentation, and quality lab data management
- Collaborate with and report results back to cross functional resources inside and outside of the Global Innovation function to create / edit quality test methods / equipment / SOP’s, operational SOP’s, tooling, material specs & EHS documentation, etc
- Hold project team members accountable to appropriate project management practices & documentation such as project charters, dashboards, timelines, budget & resource planning, business case development, etc as provided by the Innovation Workflow & Project Engineering Manager and broader innovation leadership.
- Enable the team to become subject matter experts in the responsible fields through training & exposure formally and/or informally as required
- Help team members develop & leverage support structures using internal resources, supplier network, Academia/Universities, outside laboratories, 3rd party partners / suppliers as relevant for the subject matter & situation
- Team members responsible for working w/ BCH legal & Global IP Manager to assure up to date CDA / NDA’s are in place where needed, freedom to operate (FTO) searches are complete, & that patents are filed in timely manner
- Work with cross functional Innovation leadership to at times support buy offs, startups, trials, etc onsite at suppliers, customers, and/or production facilities
Director, Nonmetal Innovation; Director, Metal Engineering Innovation; Director, Process Innovation
What are we looking for?
- BS in Engineering, Operations, management, or a related technical field required
- Job related experience for 10yr(s) minimum
- MBA a plus
- Strong technical skills generally associated with a college level degree (engineering or similar)
- Fundamental understanding of statistical principles
- Ability to multitask & think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear manner
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, follow directions
- Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices
- Ability to overcome roadblocks by enabling others with clear communication, planning, teaching, troubleshooting, and at times simply propping others up where needed
- Proficient with project/program management tools such as MS Project
- Strong leader with excellent communication, organizational and people skills with the ability to work across global functional groups
- Proven track record of planning and managing people, processes, and operations
- Fundamental understanding of statistical principles
- Fundamental Business Acumen skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $113,500 - 176,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans