Director, Infrastructure & Systems
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
We are hiring for an exciting new role in our organization where you will be responsible for growing the existing IT infrastructure and system functions in support our fast-growing global business. The Director of Infrastructure and Operations will provide strategic and operational leadership over all aspects of Alteryx IT Infrastructure including hardware design and delivery, network technologies, on premise and cloud compute, WAN, LAN, telephony, system administration, collaboration, directory services, regulatory compliance and client hardware management. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the availability, performance, reliability and scalability of Alteryx’s IT infrastructure with an emphasis on key operational systems. The Director must have; strong cloud experience, experience in a global organization, the ability to build a team and demonstrated results delivering on financial commitments while ensuring alignment with other IT functions and the business. This is a hands-on role with strong Infrastructure design and change management skills while offering strategic direction on best practices to a growing global company.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions'.
- Contribute to the department strategy to create a world-class IT infrastructure capability (tools, processes, and people) that aligns with and supports our corporate strategy.
- Implement, and maintain an IT governance model for effective delivery of services and compliance with security and regulatory guidance.
- Establish and implement 'best-practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement SLA, KPI and operational metric management
- Maintain overall backup and recovery strategy (Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity).
- Collaborate on the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvements necessary to support scale; collaborate with others within projects, support and operations to unify the technology and processes into a solution.
- Ensure solution team adheres to established project delivery methodology and coordinate with PMO-defined processes, milestones and deliverables
- Manage departmental CAPEX and OPEX budgeting and purchasing
- Manage third party vendors, service providers and consultants, ensuring compliance to contractual obligations and SLA's
- 10+ years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments, platforms, and business segments. Substantial IT leadership experience working with functional business leads.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading an infrastructure and operations team
- Demonstrated experience building and operating global infrastructure
- Strong ability to elicit cooperation and collaboration from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, stakeholders, and other departments
- Tenacious approach to delivering quality and continuous service improvement.
- Experience leveraging cloud and SaaS platforms in global service delivery, specifically Azure, AWS, Office365, Sharepoint, Exchange online, etc.
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Sound Judgment, problem solving, and decision-making ability
- Willing to travel internationally
- Operationally-minded: execution-focused, driving to SLAs, proactive reporting
- Personal values align with company values