Director, Information Technology at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for an experienced IT leader to support Checkr’s rapid growth. As Director, IT you will provide leadership and guidance for the IT Infrastructure team and be responsible for defining IT Infrastructure strategy,standards, and management, including disaster recovery and security practices. The ideal candidate is a technical leader with a background in corporate IT infrastructure, Employee Services, Network Infrastructure & Employee productivity Systems.
This position is ideal for candidates who adapt well and thrive in rapidly growing and constantly changing conditions. The right candidate will know how to build scale and sustain a high-functioning IT organization.
- Define and execute a strategic and tactical roadmap for the IT team. Strong people management leading coaching, developing, mentoring skills
- Leads the development of the IT vision; translates the vision into short-/long- term goals and deliverables that support the organization initiatives. Establishes cross-functional partnership and drives projects to help meet strategic goals and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Enabling Employee productivity will be a crucial component of the role, focused on providing tools and systems to allow our employees to work efficiently and with minimal disruption supporting flexible work mode.
- Provide delightful employee experience by optimizing ServiceDesk by automating regular IT needs such as onboarding and offboarding, device provisioning and maintenance, and system access by solving root causes and creating repeatable processes
- Collaborate with our security team to protect our data, applications, devices, and users and ensure appropriate user access and control across all enterprise tooling.
- Responsible for formulating and executing Protection, Backup, and Disaster Recovery policies
- Apply and demonstrate an agile methodology for IT projects.
- Own the IT budget, including managing vendor relationships and identifying cost-saving opportunities and investments.
- Manage the company's hardware inventory and asset tracking
What you bring:
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in the field of Information Technology with strong leadership leading all aspects of an IT organization - Service Delivery, Network Infrastructure, Security, Application Development & Integration, Vendor Management, & IT architecture and establishing ITIL framework
- 5+ years of leadership experience building, motivating and retaining IT teams that are distributed and remote.
- Expertise handling external vendors, procurement, and budgets
- Process-oriented, with strong project management skills: managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Consistent track record of scaling and streamlining IT systems and processes (i.e. employee onboarding/offboarding, software/hardware provisioning, network management, etc.)
- Experience securing and administrating applications such as Google Business Suite applications (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar), Okta, Jira, Confluence, Service desk and integration platforms such as Workato a plus.
- Experience with IT asset inventory and management, implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs
- Knowledge and expertise in security best practices, maintaining SOC2, SOX and other compliance requirements
- Experience working in a startup/high sense of urgency, ambiguous environment
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $136,000-$161,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.