Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Leads and advises BPNCA senior management on the BPNCA Health and Safety (H&S) Function strategy. Directs and is responsible for the BPNCA Environmental H&S function. Ensures the H&S function meets BPNCA’s overall safety and environmental plans and objectives. Drives and manages BPNCA Health Safety policy and initiatives to drive a “safety always” culture. Create and manages divisional H&S budget to identify programs and training to improve H&S competencies within the division.
What will you be responsible for?
- Establishing and responsible for goals and implements programs for the division's H&S organization to improve year over year results.
- Partnering with Corporate EHS and BPNCA Functional/Plant Leadership to train and keep the division aware of current and future EHS regulations that impact the manufacturing plants.
- Establishes and leads EHS policies and process standards [Including ISO 14000 (Environmental) & OSHA 18000 (Workplace Safety Standard) for the division.]
- Establishes and directs the activities of the BPNCA EHS Function including ownership of recordables and lost time accident reporting.
- Provides advice and recommendations to plant managers, plant EHS managers, and functional leadership.
- Establishes and directs group environmental regulatory and compliance programs to ensure that all
- functions and locations of BPNCA are in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Partners with Corporate EHS to meet environmental and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Establishes and directs group EHS activities related to plant and site location, and selection studies.
- Acts as liaison with Ball Corporate EHS and other functions to review Ball EHS Compliance programs.
- Trains, leads, and coaches employees with the objective of building a well-rounded, technically proficient team.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all EHS standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Drive safety culture change and behavioral based safety initiatives.
- Program manages the on-going identification of H&S training and processes by leveraging appropriate plants resources and external expertise.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 6 years minimum
- Working knowledge of Clean Air, Clean Water, Resource and Recovery, and Toxic Controls Acts, Environmental Management Systems, OSHA (Including Voluntary Protection Programs) and EPA regulations, and EHS principles
- Ability to use and facilitate statistical process control techniques.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and communication skills
- 50% travel
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 132,500 - 205,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans