Director, Global Events and Community Engagement at Scaled Agile, Inc.
At Scaled Agile (SAI; www.scaledagile.com), our mission is to help large enterprises build agility into their culture so they can quickly identify and deliver customer value, capitalize on emerging opportunities, and improve business outcomes by adopting Lean-Agile principles and practices based on the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
From its headquarters in Boulder, CO, Scaled Agile supports over half a million SAFe practitioners through training, certification, consulting services, and a global partner network that reaches more than 65 countries. As a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to do the same.
Overview of the position
The Director of Events is a highly collaborative position, requiring both event and creative chops, providing servant leadership for our SAFe user conferences, the Global SAFe Summit, Regional SAFe Summits, SAFe Days and other hosted events that might be envisioned. This role is less about day-to-day logistics and more about setting the vision and context in which these events operate and seeing that vision come to life.
In addition to hosted events, this role provides strategic guidance around Scaled Agile’s participation in industry events, including trade shows and events which we may sponsor. The Director of Events sets the tone for the experiences that align with where the company is heading, where marketing wants to go, and shows measurable results - through awareness, leads, community building and revenue.
Our mission is to enable our customers to come together in person, cementing the sense of community and common purpose that drives our market adoption.
What’s in it for you?
You will set the direction for events, to which Scaled Agile dedicates a substantial portion of our resources and budgets, helping fuel the growth of the company and surrounding ecosystem. You will lead our events into new geographies and markets, including emerging global markets. You will understand the importance of this role at SAI by witnessessing first-hand how events fuel the passion and sense of community among our highly-engaged user group.
What you’ll be doing:
This role combines servant leadership (aka, people management), strategy development, creative vision, along with relentless improvement to evolve Scaled Agile’s event presence. This role will continue to innovate and experiment with new event formats and approaches to further develop a successful event portfolio.
Community-based Hosted Events
- Establish the creative vision for these events, including the Global SAFe Summit, Regional SAFe Summits, SAFe Days and local community events
- Select venues and approaches that support community-building and a memorable experience
- Oversee all the components of each event, ensuring it feels cohesive, including signage, keynotes, messaging, offsite activities, and overall production elements
- Oversee the overall marketing of events, including website development, promotional plans, social media, and campaign performance in support of revenue goals
- Support the development of an annual strategy and vision for Industry Events within Scaled Agile
- Establish a shared organizational vision for the event, helping to create marketing plans and experiences that are cohesive
- Support international expansion efforts with Industry event strategies
- Oversee messaging strategy for the events.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- High degree of collaboration and emotional intelligence
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and global event management.
- Prior leadership of an events organization as both manager and player-coach, leading at a strategic level
- Experience, knowledge and understanding in event management budgeting, planning strategies, including speaker management, content development, attendee/invite strategies, KPI measurement, vendor negotiating.
- All aspects of understand audience needs and creating a valuable experience that drives repeat attendance
- Ability to travel globally up to 35%
Nice to haves:
- Work experience in education or other professional services industry
- Knowledge of Agile practices and principles
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) preferred
Where you’ll be working: This position is based in our corporate headquarters and training center in NE Boulder with decks, windows, and amazing views of the Flatirons.
Why Scaled Agile?
We’re a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they operate to deliver innovative business solutions to their customers. We're profitable, we're Agile.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business, we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume, a portfolio link, and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit (yes, we still read cover letters).