At Housecall Pro, we're committed to making the everyday lives of home services professionals better by providing solutions that support their paths to success. Our core SaaS software platform runs all aspects of a home services business, including scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. Housecall Pro will be there to help these businesses that keep America’s homes working navigate the transition to technology adoption.
Housecall Pro was founded in 2013 and has raised over $50M in venture capital funding to date. With over 200 employees in the US, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
The role: Strategy and Operations Manager, Fintech
As one of the fastest-growing parts of Housecall Pro, the Fintech team empowers Pros with the financial products and services they need to succeed. From payments to lending to banking and more, we are dedicated to combining thoughtfully designed financial solutions with modern technology to become the trusted partner for our Pros’ financial lives.
As Strategy and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for developing mission-critical financial solutions for our Pros and work cross-functionally to bring them to life. This includes defining the optimal product structure; choosing when to build, buy or partner; assessing operational and financial risks; designing go-to-market and owning the ultimate business case. You will collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics to operationalize your products and continue to drive their growth and adoption through ongoing research, analysis, and experimentation.
The person we are looking for wakes up every day excited about their business, enthusiastic about their products, and thrives on being THE subject-matter expert. They have experience developing compelling data-driven narratives and transforming those into actionable plans that facilitate flawless and timely execution. They excel at forming credible ideas quickly and making tough, high-impact decisions that influence the direction of their business in huge ways. They believe in using the power of financial technology to help make the world a better place, and want to collaborate with a talented team to make that happen.
Salary Grade: 16; $87,584 - $125,340 per year
What you’ll be doing
- Designing, launching, and managing financial products that delight our customers
- Owning development of the business case, strategy, timeline, risks, and interdependencies to enter the market
- Becoming the expert on all aspects of the financial products you manage through analyzing internal data, performing competitive and market research, and gathering feedback from customers
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure product delivery (across all organizational functions - UI/UX, marketing, sales, etc.) is aligned with your business case.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to expand adoption and usage across our suite of financial solutions.
- Proposing new products that improve the financial lives of our customers
- 6+ years of experience at a Top Tier strategy consulting firm or in Product, Finance or Biz Ops roles at a high-growth financial technology company
- Passionate about improving customers’ financial lives through technology
- Experience in some or all of the following areas: payments, lending, merchant underwriting, fraud & risk management, card issuing or banking
- Advanced financial modeling skills, ability to read and analyze financial statements, and knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve business and product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to think and operate at high and low altitudes and own multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - Champion the Pro to Success.
- We save our home service professionals time, and help them, in turn, to delight their homeowner customers.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- We have fun at work. Really.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better.
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed (unlimited) paid time off.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.