Guild is hiring a Director of Education Coaching. This role will play a central role in Guild’s mission by building and delivering a world-class student experience through coaching teams. The 75+ person Education Coaching team at Guild is responsible for supporting employees of Fortune 500 companies to discover and enroll in educational programs that will help them to achieve their future goals. In this role, you’ll develop an intimate understanding of the needs of our students, and be responsible for the leadership, management and operational oversight of a team of 75+ Education Coaches to support these students in enrolling in school, and achieving academic and career success.
You will need to be able to analyze student data, extract insights, and create strategy from those insights that will improve our ability to support and coach our students. You will also be a creator and enhancer of culture for our teams — promoting diversity and equitable team norms and practices. As a key leader on the Student Services team, you will be key in helping Guild to deliver on its mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce, and to drive economic mobility for our students.
As Director of Education Coaching you will:
- Build and develop a world-class team with a culture focused on empowerment and equity
- Oversee a team of 75+ people who serve as advocates, supporters, and are the “front line” of Guild’s critical Education Coaching function
- Directly manage a team of managers, supporting in hiring decisions, as well as providing guidance and direction on people and business-related challenges
- Build and grow a team culture with a foundation of equity and empowerment
- Create an environment of operational discipline and continuous development — ensuring opportunities for growth, goals achievement, and the effective management of people through mentoring, coaching, and feedback
- Develop and drive a cohesive student coaching & engagement strategy
- Create and iterate on comprehensive strategies for the Education Coaching team aligned with overall Student Services goals, and optimized to drive a high quality and effective experience for students looking to enroll in school
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve and enhance our students’ ability to enroll in school
- Develop, track and monitor business and operations metrics to drive business effectiveness and team performance, including: established SLAs, student progression, and coaching quality
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Guild to drive continuous improvement and influence key decisions
- Build & develop strong relationships with cross-functional leaders (e.g. Marketing, Partnerships, Engineering, Product, etc.) to influence and drive cross-functional decisions that improve the overall student experience
- Leverage data to develop and present insights and recommendations to senior leadership that will inform critical business decisions related to student experience and outcomes
- Collaborate across Student Services to identify key areas of need and drive improvements across the entire student lifecycle
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of total experience, including at least 3 years managing teams of over 50 people and 5 years of operations management experience
- Experience managing a large team of employees in a multi-channel support environment — preferably in high growth environment — along with a proven ability to lead and develop managers
- Ability to develop human-powered outreach and engagement strategies based on data and analytics
- Focus on results, with the ability to drive meaningful improvements in customer experience as measured by NPS, CSAT and other B2C metrics
- Demonstrated operational excellence, with a proven ability to draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data (you are creative, analytical, and operations-focused)
- Strong understanding of call center operations, analytics and technology (experience with Salesforce CRM preferred)
- Experience developing market-based personas used to optimize a conversion strategy
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $135,000-$150,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth