Director of Customer Support
Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicine’s true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 200 employees across four locations, and are on track to achieve $300M ARR by the end of 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next “Unicorns’.“
Alto Pharmacy is seeking a Director of Customer Support located in our Denver, CO office. As a key leader for the operations team, you will lead a team of support functions to ensure we are providing high-quality service to our patients. You will act as a key supporting leader for all of our front line facing teams both in our San Francisco and Denver office.
As a key leader at Alto, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and guidance for our front line supporting functions, which include Capacity Planning, Operations Analytics, Training, Systems Support, and Operations Process Improvement. Your team will be responsible to ensure we hire the right quantity of front line staff and provide the right resources at the right time with the necessary tools, infrastructure, training, and support for our Care team to succeed and scale. You will be responsible for maintaining our existing phone systems, analyzing and proposing new processes and systems supporting our Care teams, as well as overseeing training and process improvement for Operations. You will champion and drive process improvements as well as setting appropriate KPIs to evaluate operational performance.
- Lead all technical and supporting roles for operations including capacity planning, training, operations analytics and operations process improvement
- Own the Care team workforce management function including forecasting call and message volume, building schedules, and call & email metric reporting
- Responsible for staffing analysis to stakeholders to ensure we are upholding patient care standards. Drives analysis in patient care data to find trends that impact staffing
- Provide recommendations to improve the existing workflow for the Care team and Operations leaders
- Drive the effective use of Alto’s contact center supporting telephony and other front line utilized systems
- Foster a deep understanding of Alto’s Operations and Standard Work practices
- Drive long term strategy for the Operations Training Program, including the development and delivery of training, managing the e-learning platform, and developing best practices to improve utilization and adherence
- Drive and implement metrics to measure the effectiveness of the Operations Training Program as well as rubrics to measure these metrics, in coordination with pods and leads.
- Provide regular updates and communications to leadership
- Refine existing curriculum to align with evolving business priorities while finding efficiencies across the organization
- Lead Operations Analytics and Continuous Improvement team. Drive formation of key operational insights, dashboards, reporting, and improvement recommendations
- 10+ years of progressive experience working in a customer care environment and at least 5+ years in leadership role supporting operational functions in contact centers
- Formal process improvement experience such as Lean or Six Sigma certification (BB or MBB).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders, writing project proposals, and building business cases.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including experience as a leader of leaders
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Data-driven with a strong understanding of customer care team operations and analytics with a track record for driving KPI improvements.
- Experience with telephony, message based systems used by contact centers, workforce and capacity planning
- Experience and familiarity with capacity planning and workforce management
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Experience in leading the documentation of processes and procedures across teams
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.