Director of Corporate Development at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
A strategic and operational role, focusing on technology scouting, in/out-licensing, and partnering in the designated region. The candidate is an integral part of a cross-functional team of experts spanning business development, legal, finance, R&D, commercial and QMR. The candidate must be able communicate effectively across functions and gain buy-in and alignment on partnering opportunities. The position will manage global initiatives to develop business agreements, and support sales/revenue in the clinical sequencing, laboratory services and diagnostics space.Responsibilities:
- Strong communication skills and works transparently and inclusively to drive results and alignment across functions.
- Maintain relationships with appropriate company team members to identify and communicate new and future product needs, development and market trends
- Plan visits to customer and prospect partner sites within the regional territory
- Conduct online presentations
- Negotiate a diverse range of agreements (M&A, in/out-licensing, B2B, B2C etc)
- Provide customer service/support when necessary, to existing customers
- Develop market plans and initiatives to drive company goals and revenue.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of service business internal and external to Archer.
- Pays particular attention to delivering accurate and timely forecasting and budgeting for development/deliverables.
- Able to pick up, understand, define, and integrate specific requirements of Companion Diagnostic development (FDA, EMA, PMDA, CFDA, etc…) in drug development programs where molecular testing is applied, and how that interfaces with commercialization and testing uptake in designated regions.
- Demonstrates leadership skills while delivering with a high probability of success.
- Actively scout for novel and disruptive technologies. Consistently remain on pulse of molecular testing landscape in designated region.
- Minimum of MSc in life sciences discipline, MBA preferred.
- Fluency in English
- A minimum of approx. 5+ years in companion diagnostics, in vitro diagnostics, biopharma, or lifesciences industry
- A minimum of approx. 3+ years experience in business development, alliance management or in a regulatory role
- Experience in negotiations and B2B and B2C relationship/alliance management
- Understanding of clinical drug and companion diagnostics development strategies and go to market dynamics to ensure patient access to testing
- Has previous experience working with/managing external vendors across cultures (especially US-Japan-China) in a high complexity/high priority program context
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred / Self Starter
- Demonstrated comfort in public speaking and presentations
- Cold calling experience with demonstrated results into fortune 1000 companies
- Rolodex of customers in the Life Science industry and biopharma
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, works with a sense of urgency
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills; ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Excellent organizational ability and flexibility
- Distill complex issues and clearly articulate / present solutions
- Proactive and personally accountable to ensure cross-functional alignment
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $175,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.