Director of Contracting and Network Management at DispatchHealth
Director of Contracting and Network Management
DispatchHealth has redefined health care delivery to offer on-demand acute care and advanced medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own home. DispatchHealth's emergency medicine and internal medicine-trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings and holidays, and can be requested via app, online or a quick phone call. DispatchHealth is partnered with most major insurance companies. For more information, visit DispatchHealth.com.
Vision: To create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world.
DispatchHealth is recruiting a Director of Contracting and Network Management to lead the company’s contracting with health plans in all existing and new markets served by our clinical operations. This position reports to the Vice President of Managed Care and collaborates with key development and clinical leaders to deliver optimal contract terms and develop strong partnerships with payors and risk-bearing provider groups.
Applicants must be located in the Denver metro area or be willing to relocate for this position.
- Responsible for analyzing, negotiating, and executing in-network arrangements with health plans across the country.
- Must have a business development and partnership mindset as DispatchHealth clinical service lines are different and unique.
- Ability to analyze contract structure and terms to improve gross margin and profitability.
- Work in Excel and PowerPoint to build models and communicate opportunities.
- Ability to influence and build effective relationships with health plan executives.
- Act as a resource and partner to internal stakeholder groups, including but not limited to revenue cycle management, strategy, clinical operations and executive leadership.
- Act as a liaison to the revenue cycle management team to help determine root cause and resolution of health plan claims issues.
- Contribute knowledge and insight to unique partnerships and joint ventures.
- Utilizes various tools and gathers data to support decision making process.
- Bachelors of Science in accounting, finance, business/health administration, or related, required. MBA or MS preferred.
- Three or more (3+) years of experience negotiating contracts with health plans on behalf of a provider entity or ancillary, provider group, and hospital contracting experience with a health plan, required.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and willingness to pick up new tools (e.g., SQL) as needed.
- Must have advanced knowledge of reimbursement methodologies and value-based/capitation experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Competitive cash compensation commensurate with the position and the candidate’s experience
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and a 401(k) plan, as well as free gym access and a unique healthcare company culture
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of a company that is innovative, exciting and progressive
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.