Director, Client Success at KPA
Are you looking for an established and growing company where you can make an impact on the business and be recognized for your efforts? Are you intrigued and motivated by promoting client engagement and retention of a SaaS business that is growing both organically and through acquisitions? Do you have the ability to build rapport and bring out the best in team members to continuously improve the user product adoption of a SaaS product that is designed to improve workplace safety and environmental compliance?
KPA (www.kpaonline.com ), headquartered in Lafayette, CO and with a growing office in Portland, OR, is a market leader in cloud-based risk management solutions for the automotive, insurance and industrial markets. Recent research conducted by Bain and LEK consulting firms, confirm KPA is one of the leaders in the highly fragmented, growing, $4B middle-market compliance markets served by KPA – automotive, insurance and industrial. Given these outstanding characteristics, KPA has recently attracted a tier one private equity firm, Providence Equity Partners as its majority investor.
Since 1986 KPA has been refining the core values with which we work together as a team and with our clients. Do you align with our core values of Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork? It is these core values that promote our success through both organic growth and integrating acquisitions. This success and the growing demand for compliance continues to promote an entrepreneurial atmosphere at KPA.
The Director, Client Success is a new hands-on role within KPA, to build upon and grow our Client Success operations as new software platforms, products and services are introduced and integrated. In this role you will be responsible for managing the team responsible for driving customer adoption and delight for KPA’s SaaS based application resulting in both up sell opportunities and renewals. Your team will engage with clients who have implemented KPA’s software platform to solve their business challenges. Your team will provide input and collaborate with Account Managers to create and execute on strategic customer plans. We are seeking a strategic, innovative thinker with excellent leadership and communication skills who will lead our Client Success team processes and team through rapid growth and change. KPA appreciates your passion for improving organizational efficiency and customer engagement through metric- driven decision making.
In the first 30 days you will:
• Begin learning KPA’s software solutions and how clients use and benefit from our software products.
• Meet colleagues and begin to understand the current KPA team structure that supports clients and drives customer delight.
• Review implementation and adoption processes for KPA’s solutions.
• Review current activity to manage and execute on renewals.
• Begin working directly with both internal and external users of KPA software, proactively reaching out to identify customer challenges
• Recognize ROI of utilizing KPA’s solution and coach Client Success Managers in recognizing and communicating the ROI to customers.
• Review tools used to monitor adoption and utilization of KPA solutions.
• Become an expert in the business processes that KPA’s solutions support in order to coach, consult, and coordinate with customers to maximize their usage of our products.
In the first 60 - 90 days you will:
• Set up systems for capturing client experience and product feedback including client references and case studies.
• Implement tool used to calculate Net Promoter Score.
• Drive process and utilization of metrics to consistently execute on renewals and to develop accurate forecasts of renewal activity.
• Initiate cross-functional processes to promote renewals, escalate risk, and coordinate KPA resources in alignment with revenue retention and growth.
• Forecast renewal data based on data insights and completion of relevant milestones with KPA and acquired product integrations.
• Collaborate with Account Management team to create templates and tools to capture upsell opportunities.
• Using metrics, lead discussions to prioritize customer engagement to promote customer learning, detect customer stakeholder changes and ultimately maintain and grow KPA’s revenue.
• Review metrics to measure team adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),analyze effectiveness of SOPs. Recommend changes and enhancements to SOPs and staffing models based on metrics.
• Develop playbooks and tools used to drive customer engagement.
• Build process for training and development of the Client Success Team to continue our growth in how we engage with, service and sell to customers.
In the first 6 months you will:
• Regularly review customer experience and reports created to track key performance indicators for the department.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement on the Client Success team.
• Continue to improve process for forecasting renewals and managing cross- functional efforts to positively effect renewals and capture product feedback in support of customer delight with KPA services.
• Be a leader in the team integrating clients of acquired businesses into KPA’s service offering, leading the vision for how to retain customers through change.
• Provide input to Client Success Operations and the Product team on how to continuously improve our products for ease of use for the customer.
By the end of the first year you will have:
• Innovated on continuous improvement initiatives, utilizing capacity, metrics and reporting to make recommendations and drive decisions to improve the Client Success team’s contributions to KPA’s growth.
• Created high touch Client engagement workflows/processes used to track and integrate acquired product offerings in a way that maintains and grows revenue from customer base.
• 5-10 years of experience promoting Client success with a SaaS based solution, preferably in a B to B environment.
• 3+ years of hands-on people and team management promoting a vision of continuous improvement with client engagement processes
• Proven ability to lead through change and rapid business growth including M&A activity.
• Proven ability to use data from a variety of sources including a ticketing system (Zen Desk), CRM systems (Salesforce, SFDC), and surveys to make recommendations and create team buy-in for continuous improvements.
• Excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Customer Successes processes and systems
• Natural curiosity and desire to get to the root cause of issues.
• Experience leading a team driven toward a high level of customer engagement and follow through to problem resolution.
• Proven ability to maintain enthusiasm and service-oriented attitude while under time pressure.
• Proven ability to work effectively at all levels of a business, communicating complex tactical topics in a strategic way and influencing cross functional groups to aligned goals.