- Will be responsible for leading and ongoing stewardship of Pie’s claims strategy and programs.
- Plans and directs all aspects of Pie’s claims functions and teams by overseeing the daily and long-term operations of Pie’s claims organization.
- Responsible for managing and implementing claims programs for all lines of insurance.
Grow & Scale Claims organization/team
- Will determine Pie internal claims team organizational structure, expectations, span of control, and role expectations and KPIs and measurements of work.
- Develops claims objectives and goals in support of Pie’s OKRs.
- Leads the overarching TPA strategy and along with the Claims TPA Manager, focuses on delivery of services and SLAs. Will be responsible for executive level relationships including contracts and CHI’s with all TPAs.
Measures data driven analytics with Partners (Sirius, Reinsurers, TPAs), Pie Execs, etc.
- Will build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all leadership points of contact for all important Claims partners.
- Measures and holds accountable our partners in their delivery of claims services to Pie and our claimants.
Use data and analytics to inform and strategize for optimal claims objectives and LR
- Using claims data (as relates to Pie) as well as industry benchmarks, creates a claims strategy that will set the bar and create a best-in-class claims service delivery and manage our LR simultaneously.
- Analyzes claims data and proactively looks for ways to mitigate losses with early focus on indemnity issues and recovery, proper reserve setting and approvals, and adjusts approach for innovative claims solutions.
Serve as lead claims authority and owner
- Based on vast claims experience, is able to bring this to the executive table and ensure that Pie is leading the way in claims strategy and customer experience.
- Directs the quarterly review and settlement of large loss and catastrophe claims.
- Develops and guides claims procedures and policies to enhance and improve the processing, investigation, and settlement of claims and overall efficiency of the claims operations.
- Your claims leadership presence will be needed in a variety of meetings, communications, and ability to articulate clearly and advocate well for Pie and our valued customers.
The Right Stuff
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position.
- A Graduate Degree is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Claims work. Specifically, experience with Workers’ Compensation claims is required, and additional experience in Field Claims operations, Small Biz insurance claims and TPA program management is a plus.
- Proven skills for managing team members in various tasks which can include, work projects, task force assignments, supervisory responsibilities and direct management.
- Advanced knowledge of managing disputed and litigated claims.
- Demonstrated knowledge from working in commercial and small business claims operations, as well as partnering with TPA’s to achieve claims objectives.
- Advanced proficiency in communication skills in work environments that have required collaboration across work groups and external partners.
- Strong skills using data management and analytical tools
- Expert level proficiency of analytical skills and understanding of claims metrics that impact overall company objectives.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- The skills to effectively utilize claim and financial tracking systems.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Multi-faceted leadership style and ability to truly adapt to all possible challenges and scenarios.
- The ability to fluidly and effortlessly go from these types of scenarios showcases your ability to model our core shared values to all stakeholders, be decisive, and show a true ownership mentality
- Competitive salary.
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options).
- Comprehensive health plans.
- Generous Paid sick leave.
- Future focused 401k match.
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave