Director, Category Management at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Director, Category Management. You’ll join a quickly growing group of category experts at Guild and will play a pivotal role in creating and scaling a quantitative marketplace management philosophy.
As an Director of Category Management, you’ll sit at the intersection of marketplace operations, data, and category strategy, enuring an increasingly optimal supply/demand balance in our academic marketplace by leading Guild’s program mix strategy and delivery across a portfolio of categories, such as Business and Technology. You’ll be great in this role if you are constantly curious about customer needs and ways to enhance our academic marketplace to better meet those needs. We are looking for someone who is exceptional at managing internal projects, can provide strategic and analytical expertise, and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive academic marketplace expansion at Guild.
As Director, Category Management, you will:
- Think and act like a General Manager across your portfolio of categories, including:
- Listen to students, market sources and Guild partners to define the category strategy, both short and long term to balance supply & demand and enable Guild’s marketplace to win the overall market
- Understanding the categories deeply, becoming an internal and externally recognized expert
- Partner with FP+A, Accounting, and Marketplace Operations and Payments to delivering key P+L initiatives, from pricing to supply management needs
- Managing 100s of academic programs across 10s of academic partners by defining and measuring key marketplace metrics which ensure optimal marketplace efficacy for students, clients and Guild
- Partner with our VP of Marketplace Expansion, and work closely with leaders across Client (Employer) Sales, Academic Partnerships and Student Coaching to help us match supply and demand, both organic and inorganic.
- Partner with Guild’s Marketplace Strategy team to enhance and utilize Guild’s Academic quality assurance framework, the “U.S. News and World Report Ranking for Working Adults”
- Hire, develop and lead a strong team of category managers and associates
- Develop program requirements for identified gaps and deliver them through new partnerships or program development with current partners.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, finance, product management or related roles in a fast-paced business or start-up environment.
- Analytically informed curiosity. You are an excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences - from our students to investors
- An entrepreneurial mindset: no job is too big or too small for you and you are comfortable “building the plane while flying it.”
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Proficiency using contemporary tools for data wrangling, reporting, modeling and visualization
- Preference for an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.) and/or similar advanced coursework or working experience
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.