Director Biorepository at ArcherDX
- Lead ArcherDX’s approach to oncology sample lifecycle management from acquisition to archival
- Will manage the Biorepository personnel
- Manage all sourcing, vendor management, inventory management and sample allocation in support of IVD development programs.
- Develop and retain highly skilled and effective Biorepository team to support ongoing programs and future development opportunities
- Strategically partner across ArcherDX on the design and execution of robust and timely sample sourcing and utilization plans
- Leverage advances in the field and employ innovative methodologies in Biorepository management
- Authors and reviews standard operating procedures and adheres to ArcherDX quality standards
- Review Biostatistics workflows, data management, transfer, validation plans, and other SOPs.
- Strategically identify opportunities for improvement of analytical pipelines and data management tools that can enhance data analysis strategies in the clinical setting
- Effectively communicate and discuss complex biorepository and IVD development issues with project teams, upper leadership and external partners
- Identify and lead efforts to improve data infrastructure and processes to support needs of IVD Development
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for
- purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- 5+ years of Biorepository or biobank management experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience managing laboratory personnel and equipment
- Experience in biorepository software systems and working with Laboratory Information management systems (LIMS)
- Working knowledge of GCP, GLP and federal and local regulations
- Proven ability to manage timelines and adhere to budgetary requirements
- Experience in interfacing with and presenting to executive leadership and external partners
- Experience building effective teams and manage conflict
- Effective at attracting, developing and retaining talented team members.
- Willing to lead, act as a player-coach and roll up his/her sleeves and do what is necessary to meet project and corporate goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Excellent project management skills
- Ph.D. or MS in biological science, clinical laboratory science, medical technology or other relevant field.
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects
- Ability to build strong relationships within all parts of the company. Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $175,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.