Director of AML Compliance at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
FIS is looking for a Director of AML Compliance to join our team in Jacksonville, FL, Milwaukee, WI or Denver, CO. In this role, you will align and enhance our existing AML Compliance Program to ensure that we are best in class and aligned with regulations across AML.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Tracking, reviewing and communicating pending and passed regulations, agency guidelines or directives that impact the line of business. You will also direct and lead the AML Compliance Department within the line of business.
- Monitors and communicates regulatory changes that impact FIS products, services and business activities.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans.
- Develops, modifies and executes company policies that affect immediate operations.
- Oversees development and implementation of compliance program policies and standards as well as addressing other required regulatory policies.
- Responds to issues and matters pertaining to regulatory compliance of FIS products, services and business activities.
- Performs periodic reviews and evaluations of FIS products, services and business activities to validate compliance with applicable laws and regulations or detect regulatory violations, weak controls or other potential areas of exposure.
- Assists in providing final disposition of any discrepancies regarding compliance issues.
- Ensures strategic objectives of the Compliance & Ethics Program are met, including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response and program testing and validation.
- Identifies key business processes, performs evaluations of risk, assesses the effectiveness of controls and promotes improvement across the organization through the deployment of risk response activities.
- Designs and deploys processes to validate FIS products, services and business activities meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- Develops and motivates staff.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will have 8-10+ years of experience in banking or financial services compliance, excellent communication skills, comprehensive knowledge of AML compliance and a CAMS certification.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving techniques and tools to compliance issues
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others
- You are looking to join our team and build a long-term career with FIS
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At FIS, we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community