Desktop Support Specialist-Global Environment
The desktop support professional seeking an opportunity to support the technical landscape and technology that a company will use on a global scale will have just that chance as our Desktop Support Specialist with Webroot in Broomfield, Colorado. You will work on a highly elite and seasoned team within the Webroot Global Technical Support organization. You'll thrive in this position as someone whose technical acumen is both deep and broad, encompassing software and applications, OS (Windows, MacOS), desktop hardware, printing, video conferencing and new mobile devices. You will gain hands-on experience with the latest tablet computers, mobile phones, laptops from multiple manufacturers as well as software designed to more fully automate the support function. This is an ideal role for someone with a commitment to exceptional customer service who has an ability to enlighten each end user and thrive in a technology company where IT is still highly recognized as a critical part of our success and growth. If this sounds like what you are looking for, in the next steps of your career, we encourage you to apply today!
Your initial orientation on our products, processes and policies will prepare you for the challenges that lie ahead in our fast moving, highly proactive environment. A technician and savvy technologist at heart, you will be heavily involved in providing top tier technical and customer support to internal Webroot Employees. Your prior experience with Windows 10, tablets, mobile technology and deployment will be fundamental to your success. You will be part of a collaborative, yet competitive team within the GTS organization that prides itself on being the first to find new and better ways to get things done. Projects in our pipeline that will stir your "inner geek" are desktop encryption, Office 365, mobile device management, desktop imaging and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience you bring to Webroot:
- Hands on experience providing end-user support in a Windows Active Directory environment with proficient hardware and software troubleshooting skills for desktops and laptops, Windows 10, Microsoft Office and email. Mac Support experience is a plus.
- Very high level of Windows OS troubleshooting, and a deep understanding of Windows theories required. This includes a profound knowledge of Windows registry & folder/file permissions within a corporate environment.
- Solid experience with networking protocols and components within a corporate WAN
- Experience supporting video conference systems, desk phones, mobile phones, tablets and networked printer/copier devices
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.