Desktop Administrator at Convercent by OneTrust
Convercent by OneTrust is seeking a Desktop Administrator who will be primarily responsible for desktop support for in-office and remote employees. The person in this role has the opportunity to grow into more advanced technical positions within the organization.
- Provide hardware and software support for end users of Mac’s, PC’s and peripherals.
- Perform laptop builds and images
- Document and prioritize service desk tickets, emails, calls and respond in a timely manner.
- Assist the Customer Experience in support of ongoing improvement projects.
- Deliver periodic progress reports to communicate project status.
- Support Microsoft Office 365 and associated applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Track and Manage IT equipment assets using Mobile Device Management.
- Provide audio visual/conferencing support.
- Support VOIP, cell phones and smart phones.
- Participate in policy and procedure review.
- Adhere to all security process and procedures.
- Continue to increase expertise by staying current with industry trends through continuous education and a willingness to learn.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role, or equivalent experience in computer support.
- Excellent communication skills with technical users, non-technical users and vendors over the phone, in person and through progress reports, e-mail and other written documentation.
- Ability to work with remote users and as a remote resource.
- Ability to work extended hours if necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment for positive outcomes, generating trust and recognizing impact of everyone on the team.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized, able to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and fault diagnosis skills.
- Ability to use technology to automate procedures/processes.
- A Plus: A+ or other relevant certifications
- A Plus: Working knowledge of Azure Active Directory and Exchange.
- A Plus: Working knowledge of Firewalls, Networks and Cloud Service Providers (Azure, AWS, Google).
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary compensation range provided here is just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $63,000 - $70,000 base salary
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, and company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.