Deskside Specialist Associate at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Deskside Specialist Associate
What You'll Do:
- Respond to customer requests for assistance with computer software/hardware.
- Provide troubleshooting for software, installation of software.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Troubleshoot network and voice-related issues, repair personal computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device or component levels as appropriate.
- Receiving equipment and conducting inventory.
- Trouble-shoot and repair personal computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device or component levels as appropriate.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of PC software and networking: classes and/or experience.
- Basic understanding of Desktop/Laptop PC Hardware and components.
- Basic understanding of Windows 7 and 10 desktop operating systems.
- Basic understanding of Windows Office 365 Pro Plus suite.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to achieve 8570 DoD certification.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.07 - $22.60 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.