Department Coordinator, Global Procurement at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the assigned department in order to maintain the efficient operation of the department and the administration of a broad range of activities related to the general business operations of the department. The Department Coordinator is integrated into department initiatives in conjunction with developing, implementing, driving processes across the organization.
What will you be responsible for?
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Procurement Strategy & Operations, the Procurement Department Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all logistics for key departmental meetings and learning initiatives, including but not limited to: securing learning locations, facilitating catering, liaising with vendors ahead of session on set-up requirements, ordering & shipping materials, and processing invoice payments.
- Assist in the management of calendars, corporate travel and expense reporting for Broomfield-based Procurement Leadership Team members.
- Coordinates leadership activities, travel, communications and meetings with other functions including both Global and regional organizations.
- Works collaboratively with Procurement Strategy and Operations colleagues to provide effective and efficient administrative processes for the department; developing guidelines for travel, communications, purchase orders, and miscellaneous departmental initiatives.
- Works with Facilities team to manage departmental office layout, seating arrangements, and office storage.
- Leads the on-boarding initiatives and new-employee training sessions for new hires throughout the department; serves as the main-point-of-contact for all new employee IT, Mobile Devices, and Travel related issues.
- Manages the safe and efficient weekly report out of all traveling members within the department.
- Works with departmental leadership to support planning processes throughout the department.
- Administers / supports leadership on the development and maintenance of email distribution lists, organization charts, job descriptions, and Success Factors task reminders.
- Establishes data gathering channels (surveys, conversations, etc); gathering data to support department process development and routine departmental meetings.
- Draft departmental communications including emails, PowerPoint presentations and Word documents.
- Prepare spreadsheets and other reports related to departmental operations.
- Manage projects related to departmental operations as needed.
Chief Procurement Officer, Procurement Leadership Team, Procurement Department, Administrative Staff of Other Departments
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Must be attentive to department’s needs, have follow-through, be a self-starter, multitasker and detail orientated with the ability to consistently tie off loose ends and a relatively independent manner.
- Must have the ability to work with considerable independence and be able to make decisions requiring applications of judgement and are non-routine based on the knowledge of policies, procedures, and operating practices including department-specific tasks.
- Must be a team contributor and have the ability to actively support a fast pace team environment.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard administrative techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Standard Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Results Orientated
- Acts with Composure
- Leading in Uncertainty
- Instils Trust
- Effective Verbal and Written Communications
- Willingness to Learn
- Constructive Conflict
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Mastery of basic mathematics
- English language including spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation
- Office procedures
- Company practices and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Experience with Success Factors, Concur and Service Now is a plus.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,000 - 90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans