Dental Claims Coordinator at OrthoFi
As a Dental Claims Coordinator, you will learn how the dental and orthodontic revenue cycle functions. This role will teach you to execute claim submissions, diagnosing claims statuses, working escalation accounts, and locate missing payments. In this role you will learn the basics of dental insurances, how they work, and how they process and pay on claims. In this role you will learn how to work independently in executing tasks that support a healthy revenue cycle. You will be an Insurance Detective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You Will Do
Within 1 Month You Will
- Go through OrthoFi Training and get to know the company from a high level view.
- Attend claims training to get to know what you'll be doing on a day to day basis.
- Get to know our internal system as well as tools like GSuite, Slack, Jira, and PureCloud.
- Learn the basic questions to ask yourself when researching a claim.
- Be provided a step up plan to increase your work efficiently and effectively .
- Have lots of questions and a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out!
Within 2 Months You Will
- Work with other departments within the claims team to better understand your job on a day to day basis.
- Interact with our QA department to understand your progress so far.
- Become more familiar with the practices you work with on a daily basis by reaching out to them directly with messages and having them reach out to you through Jira and/or slack communication.
- Met with your lead for a bi-weekly 1:1 to go over your progress.
- Have fewer questions and a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out!
Within 3 Months You Will
- Be a Claims expert!
- Maintain a high QA score as well as exceeding daily output expectations.
- Bring challenges and successes to weekly meetings with other departments.
- Have a few questions, with a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out and also answer any questions from anyone within their first 30 days!
How you impact patients and practices
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Learn and execute claims submission processes
- Learn and execute claim rejections and denials
- Learn and execute escalation accounts
- Learn and execute missing claim payments
- Learn basic knowledge of insurance carriers
- Learn basic dental, orthodontic, and revenue cycle terminology
- Learn basic differences of dental plans such as DPPO, PPO's, and DHMO's
- Learn and be able to navigate OrthoFi Software System
- Knowledge of OrthoFi departments and their functions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to find solutions
- Knowledge and execution of OrthoFi tech systems such as sFax, Adobe, PureCloud, Slack, and JIRA
The Skill Set
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Strong judgement and decision making abilities along with analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and active listening
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Documents.
- Have the ability to learn and utilize business related software systems
- Very strong technical aptitude
- Empathy and compassion for patients
- Ability to self manage and adapt to change quickly
- Dental/Orthodontic claims experience
What's in it for you...
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits with 100% employer paid options
- 401(k) match
- Supportive culture with one-of-a-kind growth and development opportunities
- Option to work from home or in the office
- Employer HSA contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company and team outings
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Company sponsored premium subscription to the Calm app
- Vendor discounts
** Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules.**
Work Authorization: You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Who We Are
OrthoFi is an innovative, tech-enabled solution that helps Orthodontists start more patients and give them more time to provide great quality care. Our combination of cutting-edge Patient Acquisition software and robust Revenue Cycle Management solutions helps practices grow by over 13% YOY and manages patient and insurance billing and collections with exceptional collection results that exceed industry standards. The company has about 300 employees, with offices in Denver CO and Chattanooga TN.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We're looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people's lives and help to create more smiles every day.
We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization, demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built in Colorado's list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado. We were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver's fastest growing companies and ranked on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the US multiple years in a row!