Dental Claims Coordinator at OrthoFi
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, September 2, 2020
Who We Are
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that focuses on building software and service solutions designed to stimulate growth and streamline financial processes for orthodontic practices through rigorous analytics and cutting edge technology. We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization, demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado. We were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s fastest growing companies and ranked 164th on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the US!
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals who are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. As a team, we enjoy the opportunity to make an impact on our customer’s lives and within our team.
As an Orthodontic Dental Claims Coordinator, you will be a part of a highly engaged and supportive team who is impacting a patient’s ability to receive the highest quality orthodontic care. You will be an Insurance Detective in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Within 1 Month You Will
- Go through OrthoFi Training and get to know the company from a high level view
- Attend claims training to get to know what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis
- Get to know our internal system as well as tools like GSuite, Slack, Jira, and PureCloud
- Learn the basic questions to ask yourself when researching a claim
- Be provided a step up plan to increase your work efficiently and effectively
- Have lots of questions and a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out!
Within 2 Months You Will
- Work with other departments within the claims team to better understand your job on a day to day basis
- Interact with our QA department to understand your progress so far
- Meet with your leadership for weekly 1:1’s to go over your progress
- Have fewer questions and a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out!
Within 3 Months You Will
- Applying your knowledge and training on day to day claims processing operations
- Maintain a high QA score as well as exceeding daily output expectations
- Bring challenges and successes to weekly meetings with other departments
- Have a few questions, with a great team of experienced coordinators to help you out and also answer any questions from anyone within their first 30 days!
How you impact patients and practices
- Submission of primary, secondary, and continuation claims
- Following up with insurance carriers to locate payments, and provide requested information
- Verify orthodontic billing codes for accuracy
- Documentation of claim activity and next steps on accounts worked
- Research and resolution of claim rejections and denials
- Posting of insurance payments to accounts
- Claim resubmissions, corrections, and appeals when necessary
- Experience with processing dental insurance claims (Experience with orthodontic claims is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with dental revenue cycle
- Experience working with dental A/R
- Knowledge of dental insurance plans such as PPO and DHMO
- Experience and knowledge working with multiple insurance carriers
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and solve poorly defined problems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and active listening
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Documents
- Have the ability to learn and utilize business related software systems
- Must exhibit empathy and compassion for patients
- Ability to self manage and adapt to change quickly, as well as show a sense of urgency
- Strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Natural curiosity with a strong aptitude to learn quickly
- Very strong technical aptitude
- High school Diploma required, some college experience a plus
Your Next Move
Now that you know more about us and are truly excited about working for an amazing company, tell us how you can make an impact at OrthoFi.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Read Full Job Description