Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) Manager
The Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) Manager will mature, maintain, and manage operations of the CSOC team. Key focus areas: management/mentorship of the team, providing guidance and strategy on technology capabilities, optimizing security preparedness, and providing input into financial planning. Additional responsibilities include creating processes, partnering cross-functionally for incident reports, measuring overall CSOC performance metrics, and reporting on security operations to the CISO.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and operate CSOC while ensuring cross coordination with interdepartmental functions.
- Maintain proper staffing levels, including strategic planning to prevent single point of failures.
- Develop and mentor staff through open communication, training, and development opportunities; build and maintain team morale and motivation.
- Develop partnerships within the enterprise to fully understand and deliver solutions while maintaining a positive leadership style.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate very technical findings to an executive audience.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for presentation to executive management.
- Develop, revise, and mature the key performance indicators for executive management.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, reporting, communication, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Revise and mature processes to strengthen the current CSOC framework.
- Work with vendors to support the various tool sets utilized within the CSOC.
- Remain up to date on emerging information security trends that could potentially affect the enterprise.
- Perform security reviews and identify gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for enterprise risk mitigation strategy.
- Influence and improve existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Specific experience building and maturing CSOC’s, as well as leading teams.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with key stakeholders.
- Proficient in Incident management, response, and threat hunting.
- Experience in security device management, SIEMs and digital forensics.
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge of penetration testing preferred.
- Knowledge of forensics preferred.
- Experience working with USG customers preferred.
- CISSP or CISM Certification preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.