Customer Support Specialist at Billtrust
The Technical Customer Support Specialist is at the core of service delivery for the Billtrust Support organization. Successful candidates exhibit exceptional direct customer service experience, preferably with a Software as a Service (SaaS) background or from a technical industry.
You will be accountable for interacting daily with customers across a variety of communication means (phone, email, web, chat), while managing a fluid support case workload. Playing a role as a trusted Billtrust advocate, you will utilize strong relationship building skills to enhance our overall customer experience. By applying organizational, time management, and sound technical skills you will research incoming production issues, assess customer tutorial needs and answer a diverse array of product inquiries. You will be responsible for monitoring their caseload with a sense of urgency to ensure established service levels are satisfied while delivering timely responses/expectations to customers. Lastly, this role will often work with customers to review/gather business requirements in advance of directing various configuration changes.
- Maintains high-level of customer satisfaction (CSAT) handling customer-facing support inquiries via all communication channels comprised of product questions, production issues, and configuration requests
- Effectively translates customer needs/problems into solutions or internal support plans of action
- Reviews workload diligently to stay ahead of customer expectations and in accordance with established service standards
- Manages difficult customer situations (i.e. - escalations) that require base knowledge of Billtrust products, internal systems, and customer-facing applications
- Identifies production issue trends and manages appropriately within leadership escalation path
- Maintains continual awareness of new products as they are introduced
- Consistently documents support cases in Salesforce and updates knowledge base when applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in a technical support role, preferably within a SaaS company or related industry
- Strong technical skillset including a demonstrated understanding of software technologies, web functionality, troubleshooting, and data file processing
- Proven capability to apply or learn SQL techniques required
- Ability to utilize CRM technology to document and manage customer support issues
- Previous experience working with defined operating protocols, systems processes, and service level agreements (SLA)
- Critical thinker with the ability to interface with various internal support partners to derive solutions
- Active listener who seeks to understand the root cause of issues and understand the "why" behind the issue
- Strong verbal (building relationships) and written (documenting answers) customer engagement skills
- Persistent work ethic with a positive, team player mentality
- Required working hours of from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm MT / 11:00 am - 8:00 ET
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Remote Work: Flexibility to work 100% remotely to suit your lifestyle or commute into one of our offices in Denver, Chicago, or Lawrenceville, NJ.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.