Customer Support Specialist
===== About Upserve =====
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month.
Upserve is headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island with an additional office in downtown Denver. We believe that culture is a competitive advantage, and treat it as such -- our values of One Team, Impact, Empathy, Openness, Curiosity and Grit guide our daily actions. Learn more about what that means from our blog - https://upserve.com/inside-upserve - or by following us on Twitter and Instagram (@InsideUpserve).
Our Customer Support Specialists understand that our customers are the magic ingredient. They make it easier for restaurant owners to run their business while respecting their time. Customer Support Specialists are passionate about problem-solving and efficiently resolving customer issues. They are highly empathetic and natural educators - understanding the stress restaurateurs encounter. This is a fast-paced, collaborative environment all working towards common goals.
Day to Day this means:
- Fielding inbound customer phone, chat and email inquiries
- Listening and understanding customer needs and concerns
- Identifying technical issues and use appropriate troubleshooting steps leading to resolution
- Keeping detailed notes in SFDC on customer interactions
- Handling customer requests, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives
- Ability to achieve daily / weekly / monthly expectations
- Managing customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Expediting service in situations requiring urgent attention as determined by management
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and contributes to solutions to enhance workflow efficiency and enhance the customer’s experience
===== The Right Ingredients =====
Above all else, all Upserve employees are united in our shared optimism, passion, and enthusiasm for the customers we support through our innovative product. In our daily work, exemplify our values of grit, openness, empathy, Impact, and curiosity. It also means that you enjoy having a big impact, can operate autonomously and possess the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Customer service experience
- Professional and effective communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively interact and maintain professionalism with customers via phone and email
- Ability to follow through on both verbal and written instructions and effectively adhere to Upserve’s processes and workflows
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize multiple tasks concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment
- Restaurant experience is preferred, but not required
*Start times vary between 6:00am and 12:00pm and schedule may include weekends
WHAT UPSERVE HAS TO OFFER YOU
We put family first. At Upserve that means making the choices that are right for you and taking the paid time off you need when you need it. We know it’s impractical to assume that work never bleeds over into our personal lives, and vice versa. Instead of fighting to keep the two separate, we make sure that our perspective on family reflects the values of our employees.
We’ll invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, you’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
We care about your well-being. We pay 100% of your medical and dental insurance coverage, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches twice a week.
We’re creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so we’re building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. We’re building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve and we partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.