Customer Support Representative
$17.00/hr + Benefits + Free RTD EcoPass + 4 weeks PTO
OpenTable is building a new Customer Support team - come join us and be part of the excitement. The most important thing you can bring to this role is a real passion for helping people. Your goal is not to get the customer off the phone as fast as possible (unless that's what the customer wants). We expect you to go out of your way to not only fix the problem, but have the customer finish the conversation with a smile and with restored faith in OpenTable. You will be supporting both restaurants and diners so there is no script that can accomplish this - our customer base is diverse so you'll need to be able to adapt to their various styles accordingly. You will become our best marketing tool, and will help foster a prosperous relationship with both customers.
The right people for this role:
- Have an interest (or background) in the restaurant or hospitality industry
- It's certainly not mandatory, but we do appreciate any relevant experience
- Start every single day with energy and enthusiasm (even if it takes a few cups of coffee to get there)
- You know what's right for our customers and our company, and will lobby to ensure both needs are met - even if it means digging deep to find creative solutions
- Love to solve problems
- You're the one your family and friends call when their electronics are acting up, or when they need help getting new devices set up
- Would never lie to our customers just to make them happy
- You value your integrity, and respect the trust our customers place in OpenTable's products and brand.
- Enjoy the flexibility and challenges that come with a script free environment
- You use your experience and personality to provide excellent service to our customers
- You are self-motivated
- Downtime means you get to learn something new, or find a better way to do something, rather than just sitting around
- Thrive on the opportunity to continually grow and improve
- You are not only receptive to feedback, but you actively seek it, and look for ways to implement it
Reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor, our Customer Support Representatives will be responsible for providing support to restaurants and diners, answering complex questions on function and usage of products via telephone, email and/or Internet. S/he will be the primary contact for our customers in North America and the secondary contact for OpenTable customers worldwide with the goal of providing outstanding service. (How cool that you might get to talk to someone in Australia?)
Shifts will begin no earlier than 6:00 AM and end no later than 11:00 PM, 7 days a week and best of all, our schedules are set (no weekly changes). During peak times/seasons, we may request that you work some overtime, but we'll always plan ahead to accommodate schedules as best we can. If a regularly scheduled working day falls on a holiday, you may also be required to work, at an increased hourly rate.
- Answer customer and employee calls, emails, community posts (and any future form of contact we may come up with)
- Provide outstanding service
- Know your limitations and when you should ask for assistance
- Own the resolution to the problem; don't leave the customer hanging
- Accurately and efficiently log all contacts in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Excellent social skills, with a bias towards customer service
- Strong communication skills: active listening, writing/typing, informal communication
- Speaking, Reading and Writing in English is required
- Restaurant/ Hospitality experience (or even just being a "foodie") preferred
- 1+ years' experience providing customer support, by phone, email or chat, preferably in a software support environment
- Experience using current Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of iOS and Apple Hardware
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, switching and routing is a plus, but not required
- Experience with the use of support desk tools like Salesforce, Communities, live chat
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo,Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.