Customer Support Representative Bilingual (German)
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 29 million diners per month via online reservations across more than 51,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. The OpenTable service enables diners to see which restaurants have available tables, select a restaurant based on verified diner reviews, menus, and other useful information, and easily book a reservation. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. For restaurants, the OpenTable hospitality solutions enable them to run their reservation book, streamline their operations, and improve their service levels. Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated over 2 billion diners around the world. OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco and has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
$19.00/hr + Benefits + Free RTD EcoPass + 4 weeks PTO
OpenTable is growing quickly so come join us and participate the excitement! The most important thing you can bring to this role is a real passion for helping people. While there is some technical nature to the role, if you have a knack for connecting to people and an aptitude for logical thinking, we can teach you the rest. If you come with some computer networking or technical knowledge, even better.
The goal is not to get the customer off the phone as fast as possible (unless that’s what the customer wants). We expect you to go out of your way to not only fix the problem, but have the customer finish the conversation with a smile and with restored faith in OpenTable. Supporting both restaurants and diners so there is no script that can accomplish this - our customer base is diverse so you’ll need to be able to adapt to their various styles accordingly. You will become our best marketing tool, and will help foster a prosperous relationship with both customers!
The right people for this role:
- Have an interest (or background) in the restaurant or hospitality industry
- It’s certainly not mandatory, but we do appreciate any relevant experience
- Start every single day with energy and enthusiasm (even if it takes a few cups of coffee to get there)
- Ability to know what’s right the customers and our company, and will lobby to ensure both needs are met - even if it means digging deep to find creative solutions
- Love to solve problems
- You’re the one your family and friends call when their electronics are acting up, or when they need help getting new devices set up
- Would never lie to our clients just to make them happy
- Value your integrity, and respect the trust our customers place in OpenTable’s products and brand.
- Enjoy the flexibility and challenges that come with a script free environment
- Ability to use your experience and personality to provide excellent service
- Ambitious in your career
- Downtime means you get to learn something new, or find a better way to do something, rather than just sitting around
- Thrive on the opportunity to continually grow and improve
- This person is not only receptive to feedback, but you actively seek it, and look for ways to implement it
Reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor, our Customer Support Representatives will be responsible for providing support to our customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of products via telephone, email and/or Internet. This person will be the primary contact for our customers in North America and the secondary contact for OpenTable customers worldwide with the goal of providing excellent service. (How cool that you might get to talk to someone in Australia?)
Shifts will begin no earlier than 6:00 AM and end no later than 11:00 PM, 7 days a week and best of all, our schedules are set (no weekly changes). During peak times/seasons, we may request that you work some overtime, but we’ll always plan ahead to accommodate schedules as best we can. If a regularly scheduled working day falls on a holiday, you may also be required to work, at an increased hourly rate.
- Answer customer and employee calls, emails, community posts (and any future form of contact we may come up with)
- Provide outstanding service
- Know your limitations and when you should ask for assistance
- Own the resolution to the problem; don’t leave the customer hanging
- Accurately and efficiently log all contacts in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Excellent social skills, with a bias towards customer service
- Strong communication skills: active listening, writing/typing, informal communication
- Speaking, Reading and Writing in English and German is required
- Restaurant/ Hospitality experience (or even just being a “foodie”) preferred
- 1+ years’ experience providing customer support, by phone, email, preferably in a software support environment
- Experience using current Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of iOS and Apple Hardware
- Experience with the use of support desk tools like Salesforce, Communities, and live chat
This is a full time non-exempt position in Denver, Colorado.
If you're passionate about joining the OpenTable team and believe this is the role for you, please apply.
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.